It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 01:39 AM   #1
(female)

tepper1987 HB User
xposure of herpes

if I were exposed to herpes, does that mean i had it? If so, can i pass it on?

Old 01-31-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Truthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB User
Re: xposure of herpes

Doctors like to use that term 'exposed to herpes' when they really mean/should say "you have herpes but are not showing active symptoms at this time."
If your blood is showing antibodies to herpes type 1 or type 2 then you HAVE herpes and can spread it to unifected partners.
Were you tested and if so do you know what test was done?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
(female)

luv2cmoon HB User

I was wondering if someone can help me. I have a question about exposure to the herpes virus. About 5 years ago I had unprotected sex with someone who later told me they had the virus #2. I never noticed any sores, however a few months later, I had an breakout of what felt like herpes on my right buttock cheek. This had never happened ever in my life. I had suffered from Herpes #1 for most of my life with horrible OB on my mouth and nostrils and lip area. When the sore developed on my buttocks I became alarmed and went to urgent care to see if I could be tested for #2, however, when the physician looked at the sore, he said I was having a shingles outbreak even after I told him I was exposed to herpes #2. He put me on shingle medication and I was never tested. The weird thing is, I get a small outbreak in the same area every few months. I could go 6 months without a sore and then something stressful happens and there it is. So do I have the herpes #2 virus or no. I never expericenced a principle OB, I noticed that every now and then a sore will develope in between my vagina and anal area that itches but can't be sure what it is. I'm so frustrated. I want to know if I have it. Based on the experiances of the person on this forum, can you give me an idea if what I experience is shingles or herpes. It feels like herpes. Thank you in advance for you help.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cmoon View Post
I was wondering if someone can help me. I have a question about exposure to the herpes virus. About 5 years ago I had unprotected sex with someone who later told me they had the virus #2. I never noticed any sores, however a few months later, I had an breakout of what felt like herpes on my right buttock cheek. This had never happened ever in my life. I had suffered from Herpes #1 for most of my life with horrible OB on my mouth and nostrils and lip area. When the sore developed on my buttocks I became alarmed and went to urgent care to see if I could be tested for #2, however, when the physician looked at the sore, he said I was having a shingles outbreak even after I told him I was exposed to herpes #2. He put me on shingle medication and I was never tested. The weird thing is, I get a small outbreak in the same area every few months. I could go 6 months without a sore and then something stressful happens and there it is. So do I have the herpes #2 virus or no. I never expericenced a principle OB, I noticed that every now and then a sore will develope in between my vagina and anal area that itches but can't be sure what it is. I'm so frustrated. I want to know if I have it. Based on the experiances of the person on this forum, can you give me an idea if what I experience is shingles or herpes. It feels like herpes. Thank you in advance for you help.
Shingles is a form of the herpes simplex virus but I am thinking you may have Herpes type 2. You can go and ask for the IgG herpes type specific blood test, this will tell you which you have and you do not need to have an outbreak to have this test done.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

since1999 HB User

just because a person has sex with someone that has the herpes virus, does not mean that the person will contract the virus.

the only way to ever know if you have herpes is to go to a doctor 4 months after you think you were "exposed" to the virus and have an IgG blood test taken.

or if you have what you think are active legions, then have them swabbed by a doctor within the first 12-48 hrs for accurate results.

the herpes virus is very tricky. some people worry themselves to the point of sickness, and they don't even have the virus. and some people have the virus, and Never Know.

get tested, and put your mind at ease.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
(female)

luv2cmoon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by since1999 View Post
just because a person has sex with someone that has the herpes virus, does not mean that the person will contract the virus.

the only way to ever know if you have herpes is to go to a doctor 4 months after you think you were "exposed" to the virus and have an IgG blood test taken.

or if you have what you think are active legions, then have them swabbed by a doctor within the first 12-48 hrs for accurate results.

the herpes virus is very tricky. some people worry themselves to the point of sickness, and they don't even have the virus. and some people have the virus, and Never Know.

get tested, and put your mind at ease.

Closed Thread