It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
(female)

indenial HB User
Afraid I gave my boyfriend herpes

I am positive for type II herpes. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend six days ago. I noticed a couples of days after we were together I started having symptoms of an outbreak. I've not had an actual outbreak yet, but I can feel it coming on. I'm worried sick I've given him herpes. I'm wondering if it is more dangerous to have sex immediately BEFORE an outbreak or AFTER an outbreak?

Old 03-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

since1999 HB User
Re: Afraid I gave my boyfriend herpes

if you weren't feeling any symptoms of an outbreak at the time of sex, i wouldn't worry about it too much. i mean there is always a chance anyways that he may contract if condom or not... you have told him that you have herpes i am guessing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
(female)

indenial HB User

I think you're right. Still haven't had an outbreak and I actually feel okay today. I think I just panicked. Yes I've told him but because I was married for 10 years and my husband never got it I think he's not taking this as serious as he should. He never wants to wear a condom. Thanks for the reassurance. I don't really have anyone I can talk to about this.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

since1999 HB User

well if you need to share feelings, we are here. you can feel free to write anything.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by indenial View Post
I think you're right. Still haven't had an outbreak and I actually feel okay today. I think I just panicked. Yes I've told him but because I was married for 10 years and my husband never got it I think he's not taking this as serious as he should. He never wants to wear a condom. Thanks for the reassurance. I don't really have anyone I can talk to about this.
Frist you have been honest and up front with him.. he knows the risks. Second I understand where you are coming from, the guilt factor and thinking you can infect someone you love is very overwhelming, Stress is a major trigger in OB's so try to relax and stop worrying, your BF made a choice. FYI there is always a chance of exposure even when you have NO symptoms, but def refrain from sexual activity during an outbreak, the highest risk of exposure is during the shedding period, that is when the old damage tissue shedds and the new skin grows in, the reason it is higher is because most people don;t even realize that it is occuring and it occurs in some people who have NO Symptoms at all, shedding in a person who has OB's occurs right after the sore is healed and can continue for anywhere to 5-7 days, once you get to know your body better you will be able to judge, you don;t see it or feel it, the skin is micro tiny but if during that time frame your BF comes into skin contact with that area, it increases the chances, that is why even wearing a condom does not always elimate the risk, some people have ob's in areas surrounding the genital, like inner thighs, rectum , buttocks.. There is NO way of elimating exposure completely unless you refrain completely, but ways to minium the risks.. You are correct, not everyone who has contact with a person who has this virus will be exposed. Hope this helped, for more infor ******** the herpes handbook from the web.. wish you the best and try to relax.. It will all work out.. take care coping

Closed Thread