It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

lovemyhome HB User
What a shock!

I have been married for 28 years and was diagnosed with herpes a month ago. My husband and I have a great marriage and knew neither of us had been unfaithful. After 3 weeks we found out that I had HSV 1 and so does he. The thing is, he has NEVER in his life that he can remember, ever had any kind of sore in, on or around his mouth. The last time we had sex before I broke out, it felt like his fingernail nicked me. The next day it was a little itchy on that spot and I just thought it was from the nick. It was but I had NO clue what that meant. 3 days later I broke out in a severe case of herpes. After 28 years of marriage, you just don't think you have to worry about a STD. My Dr. accused me or him of having an affair but my husband's Dr. said that this was probably the first time in 28 years that I had some kind of cut, nick or opening for the virus to enter my body and that is why it took so long. If we didn't have a great marriage, this could have ruined it. We never doubted each other. Through a lot of research and talking to another Dr. we got to the bottom of it. You do NOT have to be broke out to transmit this.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: What a shock!

that is absolutley correct and the virus can lay domate in your body for years and you can never Know you have it, until you have an OB, unfaithfullness is NOT always the case, I totally agree, that is why education is the best tool against this.. Take Care and Best Wishes...

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-30-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
(female)

mskmal HB User

Sorry for being so stupid, but I just got dx. How in the world do you get this? Is it ONLY by sexual contact? Being they have a great marriage and no infidelity, then one of them could have contracted it before they met? Is this correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coping63 View Post
that is absolutley correct and the virus can lay domate in your body for years and you can never Know you have it, until you have an OB, unfaithfullness is NOT always the case, I totally agree, that is why education is the best tool against this.. Take Care and Best Wishes...

Old 04-20-2010, 04:45 AM   #4
(female)

lovemyhome HB User

My husband's Dr. told us that 80% of the population have HSV 1, but don't know it. My husband could have contracted it when he was a small child by an aunt or some relative kissing him with a cold sore on their mouth. He may have had a cold sore but doesn't remember it as he was so young. He never remembers ever having any kind of sore ever, but he is positive for HSV 1. HSV 1 is transmitted by drinking after someone or kissing them when they have a cold sore on their mouth. Most people don't know that if you have a cold sore on your mouth, that it IS herpes 1. I know my husband has not run around. If he would have just gotten this, he would have had a new outbreak, but he has not had anything in 28 years. By the blood test both his and my Dr. said they can tell if the infection is new to your system or if you've had it for a while. Mine was new and his has been there.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskmal View Post
Sorry for being so stupid, but I just got dx. How in the world do you get this? Is it ONLY by sexual contact? Being they have a great marriage and no infidelity, then one of them could have contracted it before they met? Is this correct?
Number 1, you are not stupid, people are not generally educated with this virus until they or someone they know show up with it and still everyone is different and the way they present with this is also, so what may be normal for one is not normal for someone else.. herpes is a skin to skin contact virus, having sex is not the only way to contract this, if you come into contact with someone who has it and the infected area comes into contact with your skin, this is how it is passed, HSV1 is infection of mouth and facial area, HSV2 is genital but not always limited to that area, it just all depends on where the OB occurs.. Herpes makes its home in the spinal column and that it is how it travels throughout the body to the nerves so anywhere you have a nerve ending the virus can infect. Not everyone has a OB, some just carry the virus but never become sick.. Infindelity is not always the reason for catching this, you can catch it when you have your first contact with an infected person , being sex, oral, kissing, some people never know where they came into contact with it, because it can take its time showing itself, sometimes it never does, that is why alot of people are so shocked and emotionally devastated when they find out they have it and of course the First thought is My partner must have cheated, and that is 75% in my opinion not the case at all... If you would like more infor, ******** the Herpes handbook form the web.. Hope I helped... Take Care.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #6
(female)

BelieveYouMe HB User

I was told numerous times that there's no way to tell how long you've had it in your system. If there was a way to tell, we wouldn't all be wondering when and where we got it, correct? Man, if this WERE true, I DEFINITELY want the test that tells you that information! Btw, what specific blood tests did you have?

Old 04-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
(female)

mskmal HB User

And thank you for telling me I'm not stupid. your right. How are we to know anything until we get it and then start educating ourselves.

Closed Thread