It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

dancingqueen HB User
Herpes Spread via Saliva?

hi,

a few weeks ago, a friend of mine found out she had genital herpes down there . she told me that she also had a few blisters/cold sores in her mouth too. i was reading things online and saw that they could be another effect of the genital herpes or it could be oral herpes too. i was wondering if she did not have the blisters in her mouth, could she spread the herpes through saliva (sharing food, etc.)??

i am concerned because she doesn't research because it makes her depressed, so she doesn't have a lot information. she's been making out with people and sharing food when she doesn't have blisters, so i just want to know if these people could have possibly gotten it from her too.

any information and/or advice would be extremely helpful! thanks!

Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

since1999 HB User
Re: Herpes Spread via Saliva?

herpes is spread through skin to skin contact.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
(female)

lovemyhome HB User

My husband didn't know he even had HSV1 and he gave it to me in my genitals and his mouth was not nor ever has been broke out.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
hi,

a few weeks ago, a friend of mine found out she had genital herpes down there . she told me that she also had a few blisters/cold sores in her mouth too. i was reading things online and saw that they could be another effect of the genital herpes or it could be oral herpes too. i was wondering if she did not have the blisters in her mouth, could she spread the herpes through saliva (sharing food, etc.)??

i am concerned because she doesn't research because it makes her depressed, so she doesn't have a lot information. she's been making out with people and sharing food when she doesn't have blisters, so i just want to know if these people could have possibly gotten it from her too.

any information and/or advice would be extremely helpful! thanks!
No it is not passed through body fliuds, skin to skin and you do not have to have an OB to spread this virus, some people never have one, these people are refererred to as A-simatic Shedders, meaning this ..when you have an OB, after the skin heals its sheds the old infected skin and grows new, these people shed only they never have sores, so that is why this is passed without knowledge, shedding is more contagious then the actual OB because a lot of people are not even aware they do it....

Old 04-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

since1999 HB User

i cannot agree that shedding is more contagious than an actual outbreak... when there is an outbreak with active lesions, hsv is highly contagious.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by since1999 View Post
i cannot agree that shedding is more contagious than an actual outbreak... when there is an outbreak with active lesions, hsv is highly contagious.
the reason I said what I said was because in my opinion, the risk is higher with shedding because most people who have NO OB's do not know they are passing it, that was the point, not that it is more contagious... sorry for the confusion.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

since1999 HB User

oh i now see what you were stating... got ya

Closed Thread