It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
(female)

momof1son HB User
Question Treatment options & question about cuts on hand

I have decided to go ahead and do daily suppressive treatment. My fiance isn't the slightest bit concerned that he may have herpes, so he's in no rush to get a blood test done. If, by some chance, he does not have the disease, I'd like to do whatever I can to prevent him from aquiring it.

My question is, for those taking daily treatment.. What do you take? How often do you have outbreaks? Is there a generic version of the brands? And, how much do you pay? I am covered by MO Medicaid, but I am not sure how much I will be paying monthly for treatment.

Also, I recently noticed I have several small cuts on my hands, which makes using the restroom the scariest part of my day. I am currently getting over an outbreak. It is not possible to bandage every single cut, but I have been bandaging the largest cut, on my pointer finger on my right hand, with a bandage with antiseptic built in. I wash my hands twice after using the restroom- once with the bandage on, and once without it. Then, dry my hands using a clean cloth and apply a new bandage.

What is the likely-hood of developing herpes in my cuts?

I'm afraid of getting blisters on my fingers and transferring the infection to my face, and more importantly, to my son.

This disease is taking it's toll on me, emotionally. I'm scared constantly. And, prior to being diagnosed, I never took any unnecessary precausions... Funny how a simple name to a problem you're experiencing can change everything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: Treatment options & question about cuts on hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1son View Post
I have decided to go ahead and do daily suppressive treatment. My fiance isn't the slightest bit concerned that he may have herpes, so he's in no rush to get a blood test done. If, by some chance, he does not have the disease, I'd like to do whatever I can to prevent him from aquiring it.

My question is, for those taking daily treatment.. What do you take? How often do you have outbreaks? Is there a generic version of the brands? And, how much do you pay? I am covered by MO Medicaid, but I am not sure how much I will be paying monthly for treatment.

Also, I recently noticed I have several small cuts on my hands, which makes using the restroom the scariest part of my day. I am currently getting over an outbreak. It is not possible to bandage every single cut, but I have been bandaging the largest cut, on my pointer finger on my right hand, with a bandage with antiseptic built in. I wash my hands twice after using the restroom- once with the bandage on, and once without it. Then, dry my hands using a clean cloth and apply a new bandage.

What is the likely-hood of developing herpes in my cuts?

I'm afraid of getting blisters on my fingers and transferring the infection to my face, and more importantly, to my son.

This disease is taking it's toll on me, emotionally. I'm scared constantly. And, prior to being diagnosed, I never took any unnecessary precausions... Funny how a simple name to a problem you're experiencing can change everything.
First there are numeber of different remedies that people use it is finding the right one for you. I take L-lysine 1000mg over the counter along with Valtrex, I take the L-lysine daily Valtrex only during OB's, you can try reading some of the psts to get some more ideas. As far as Cuts, herpes is not passed through blood to blood or body fluids, skin to skin, so as long as you practice safe hand washing after you come into contact with the infected area all is good, no worries.... I hope you feel better soon.. coping

Old 04-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
(female)

who?me HB User
Thumbs up Re: Treatment options & question about cuts on hand

Hey momof1son, I get cuts on my hand and other areas. I believe they are herpatic. My doctor doesnt think so, but herpes is a master of disguise! They dont always know everything. I know for a fact it is.

When i was being tested for H, i smashed my finger in a door, breaking the skin. Well, before i even got the test back i had an outbreak. That night i took a shower and cleaned my body as usual (didnt even think about the smashed finger until a couple of weeks later, when i got 3 cuts back to back on that hand and still get outbreaks on my hands and other places to this day as cuts.

Now someone may say that is not usually how herpes appear, but im livin proof. Never happened before this hidious virus, plus I remebered the guy i got it from had those same cuts on his chest (he claimed someone scrathed him playing ball he is a liar!). Also in the begining, my outbreak would be a bump with a cut in the middle. Then it took on different looks, reddness, rashes, irritations....it is very frustrating and depressing at times. I try not to let it get me down though, I hope you will do the same.

I do know from experience not eating chocolate and cutting back on sugar ( these r my favorite things to eat) really helps, along with l-lysene and olive leaf extract.

Go with your instincts about your body. You may have to try different doses and different treatments. Wish you well.

Last edited by who?me; 04-28-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Closed Thread