It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

barbera HB User
Outbreak with no pain, no itch, no sores?

I was wondering what constitutes a genital herpes outbreak. Can a person have an outbreak with no sores present or does the definition of an outbreak include sores whether or not they look like pimples or a rash but in reality are sores? I also wanted to know if all genital herpes sores are either itchy or sore or are some not itchy and not sore? Do all sores crust over or is that something that happens only in some instances?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: Outbreak with no pain, no itch, no sores?

Ok..NO you can have an OB and never even know you are having one, these people are people who have the virus but only go through the shedding period, now everyone is different and the way the virus effects us is different also, you can have a sore that will crust over, or just a bump that's a little itchy or cuts, just depends on the person...

I hope I helped, if you are unsure go and be tested to get your status..FYI you can pass herpes with no symptoms present.... take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
(female)

barbera HB User

Hi Coping63...Thanks for responding to my question. Are there people who just shed asymptomatically and never ever have a outbreak of sores in their entire life? Is the first outbreak always the worst outbreak?

Old 05-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

There are people who never have an outbreak and simply carry the virus.

The first OB is generally the worst, for most people. That is usually when the most sores are present, and therefore most painful and itchy.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
(female)

BeenThroughIt HB User

did you ever end up going to the doctor and getting tested?

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
(female)

barbera HB User

Hi Beenthroughit...went to the doctor on May 18th and she had called in sick. They had tried to call me but they did not have a correct number. I re scheduled for the next available which is the end of June. Have you finished school?

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:44 AM   #7
(female)

BelieveYouMe HB User

Yeah, some people get lucky and never have signs/symptoms. That sure would be nice. And for the most part, the guys get lucky in that department more than we do I think. My sores haven't been bad at all really. I've never really experienced any itching besides a little in my anal area, but never gotten a sore there. I had the shooting pains "down there" a little bit but not really getting those anymore. My sores have never crusted over, but I feel that's because they're located in a moist area. I sure hope my OBs get less and less as time goes by because I'm having on average about 2 a month. I'm glad that they're mild, but who's to say that won't change! Luckily I have insurance, but who's to say that won't change either. Valtrex is expensive and I sure don't want to pay full price for them! Oh, btw, my initial OB consisted of just one sore. I didn't experience the horrible initial OB like most people talk about. I really do believe that your immune system plays a big role in all of this. I exercise 5 to 6 days a week and eat healthy so I think that helps alot. But I think the reason I'm experiencing 2 OBs a month is my stress level. It's pretty high right now, unfortunately.

Last edited by BelieveYouMe; 05-28-2010 at 05:48 AM.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
(female)

barbera HB User

Dear Believeyoume...I was just re reading what you wrote about your outbreaks and how they have been manifesting. I was wondering if the sores that you get look like the photos on the internet? I have read that the pictures posted on the dermatology websites are very extreme photos and don't at all resemble what some people experience. Would you say that is true? I think that it is great that you exercise 5-6 times per week given that you are going through so much right now.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #9
(female)

BelieveYouMe HB User

I would say the majority of the pics that you see online are the really bad cases. Maybe even people's initial OBs. Mine have NEVER looked like those and I hope they never do. I think I'm one of the lucky ones because mine are always so mild. My sores are always really small besides from the skin reddening and being raised right before the sore apears. I get what basically looks like a really tiny ulcer sore that you get in your mouth. But as soon as a sore appears, I start my Valtrex and it totally does it's job! Thank you Valtrex!

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #10
(female)

barbera HB User

Dear Believeyoume....Thanks for responding. Don't you think it would be nice if some of those dermatology sites posted a range of photos of what a herpes outbreak looks like instead of a worst case scenario? It might help in educating people and help slow the spread of the virus if people could see the "paper cut" version of the sore and some of the other varieties. I actually found a photo of the paper cut type sore that a woman posted herself and it is virtually an undetectable lesion that someone would really have to be searching for on their body to find. I guess what I am trying to find out is...in your experience would someone have to be pretty out of touch with their body to not notice even the type of small sores that you have been getting? I know you are pretty in touch with your body cause you exercise and take good care of yourself in general it sounds like but say someone never "looks down there" how would they know? From the sounds of it the sores you get are painless too so what would alert them?

Old 06-03-2010, 04:32 AM   #11
(female)

BelieveYouMe HB User

Yeah, I think it would be great if the web had pictures to show the world what a mild case would look like other than what a worse case scenario looks like. Because when people go to searching, like myself, it not only frightens you but then you're looking at these pics and thinking, wait a minute, my sores look nothing like that and think well then I don't have herpes. Which is exactly what I thought. As far as the sores, I feel like pretty much every day something is going on "down there." I'm learning my OBs alot better as time goes by. I'm always looking with a mirror so I'm going to know if I've got one because I'm always looking for them. I'm averaging about 2 OBs a month so I pretty much know when I'm fixing to get one. The man I'm with also looks for me if I feel that I'm getting one. Because if I start getting that raised area before the sore appears, I want to know so I can start my Valtrex. I've only had one OB that hurt bad. Not real bad, but it stung when I peed, but that was before I started my Valtrex. They are a little uncomfortable, but not to the point where I can't sit or pee like alot of people experience. I would only experience like one sore when I had OBs before I even started my Valtrex and it wasn't even to the point of being uncomfortable.

Last edited by BelieveYouMe; 06-03-2010 at 04:34 AM.

Closed Thread