It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
(female)

Radchick HB User
Need some advice on ob's

Hello I was dx with type 1 genital herpes about 2 mths ago...I need some advice on ob's and preventing them. Im kind of driving myself nuts. My first ob lasted about 2 wks and was bad...nerve pain in my legs, sore bumps, and a uti. Now I find myself over analyzing every little ache or pain or itch! Im not sure if Im having an ob or a yeast infection or just irritation! About a mth ago right before my period I got really irritated down there, figured it was an ob coming on and filled my scrip for Valtrex and took it....but looking back I dont know if it truly was an ob or like I said just a little irritation. Now Im finding I feel irritated down there most days....its not bad, just a little itchy here and there. No bumps. Is this normal? Is it the virus making me feel like this or all in my head? Are there any supplements I could take that would help in preventing ob symptoms...that are safe during pregnancy? I just feel like Im waiting for another ob to happen and its driving me crazy! Please help...Thanks

Old 06-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #2
(female)

blessedchilld8 HB User
Re: Need some advice on ob's

What you are feeling is not just in your head. I too sometimes have random moments of itching not long but just long enough to feel them. But over time you will determine what's an ob and what's not..only you will know your own body. Try not to stress yourself too much because stress can sometimes be a trigger especially if you are in your primary stage. As far as supplements I personally take Acai, Multi-Vitamins, and garlic pills each day. The garlic pills have helped me extremely. I'm not pregnant so I'm not sure if those are all safe during pregnancy. Try to do your own research or even talk to your doctor more to find out more useful info. Things might be difficult now, but they will become better.Keep your head up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2010, 06:35 AM   #3
(female)

hurting2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedchilld8 View Post
What you are feeling is not just in your head. I too sometimes have random moments of itching not long but just long enough to feel them. But over time you will determine what's an ob and what's not..only you will know your own body. Try not to stress yourself too much because stress can sometimes be a trigger especially if you are in your primary stage. As far as supplements I personally take Acai, Multi-Vitamins, and garlic pills each day. The garlic pills have helped me extremely. I'm not pregnant so I'm not sure if those are all safe during pregnancy. Try to do your own research or even talk to your doctor more to find out more useful info. Things might be difficult now, but they will become better.Keep your head up!
I agree. When i itch, even in my scalp, I get suspicious.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
(female)

Radchick HB User

Thanks for your advice blessedchilld...I've been thinking about the garlic supplements. Silly question...do they make you or your breath smell??? Just curious! I've also read a lot about enchincea. Dont know much about it, but I've read that it helps a lot of people. I would just feel better if I could prevent ob's naturally rather than popping meds everytime I THINK I might be having an ob you know? Im also trying to get pregnant so it makes it a little more tricky. I will do some more research and talk to my OB. My primary Dr didn't want to talk about supplements or natural remedies at all....just the Valtrex. Hopefully my OB will be more helpful! Thanks again!

Old 06-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
(female)

hurting2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radchick View Post
Thanks for your advice blessedchilld...I've been thinking about the garlic supplements. Silly question...do they make you or your breath smell??? Just curious! I've also read a lot about enchincea. Dont know much about it, but I've read that it helps a lot of people. I would just feel better if I could prevent ob's naturally rather than popping meds everytime I THINK I might be having an ob you know? Im also trying to get pregnant so it makes it a little more tricky. I will do some more research and talk to my OB. My primary Dr didn't want to talk about supplements or natural remedies at all....just the Valtrex. Hopefully my OB will be more helpful! Thanks again!

LOL, not a silly question, the garlic supplements don't make your breath smell. They are just as effective as raw garlic. I'm doing raw garlic. To keep the breath on the down low, i eat parsley with my food too.

I'm also doing echinacea and goldenseal together in an extract. I read echinacea is really good. So far, I haven't really noticed any differences in ob's but echinacea alone is suppose to be a good natural supplement for ob's. I'm doing them both as they both help with the immune system. I'm trying to get rid of the 'herpes' virus as some have claimed to do. I read the raw garlic is the most powerful antiviral herb out there. It's suppose to actually kill of viruses, bacteria and fungi. I'm doing a lot of research on the natural supplements. Don't know if you have ever heard of garlic oil but some people use that too for the ob's.

I'm not surprised if your PC doesn't talk about the natural stuff as they work with big pharma to sell, excuse me, prescribe the latest meds. Sometimes, they have some on hand they can give you for free. Ever seen 'guys' in suits at the doc's office with the pulley. Those are pharmaceutical salesman. That info. was on the house.

Not trying to down grade docs because many of them are very good and we need them. Your ob doc may suggest what is 'known' to be safe for you and your future baby. I hope it works out best for you whatever you choose to do. I'm sure the docs are going to look out for your best interest.

Lastly, all herbs are not safe and they can be just as dangerous as prescribed meds. That's why you should do a lot of research before taking herbs. Some are forbidden to use in pregnant or nursing mothers. Don't know if you would want to try them since you are planning a pregnancy. Since, I was diagnosed with HSV2, don't know if it's genital or oral but I think it's gential since I have the ob's there, I have stopped planning to have more kids. I think it's best I don't. I knocking on 40 so, I think I'm better off. Too much to deal with now and this virus is not making it any better. But that doesn't mean, all women should avoid pregnancy if they have the virus. This is just my decision. We are all here for support and it is truly helping me.

Last edited by hurting2; 06-12-2010 at 12:29 PM.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
(female)

BelieveYouMe HB User

Radchick, I get the feeling that something's going on "down there" just about every day. I've never really experienced the itching, but at first I would get the tingling pains down my legs and pain in my lower back. That has since pretty much gone away. But I've learned my body a little bit better since contracting this virus 7 months ago. I didn't think it was herpes the first couple of months I was having OBs and thought it was something else. I searched and read about herpes ALOT and the more I did that, the more I realized this sounds just like what I have. So, I finally got checked out April of this year and yep! Sure enough, type 2! Anyways, you'll learn your body and how and when your OBs occur. I'm a big stresser and I've tried not to stress as much because it does trigger OBs. I'm lucky on the OB front because mine are mild. I'm averaging like 1 sore about every 3 to 4 weeks I'd say. And unlike most people, my initial OB consisted of only 1 sore. I really didn't pay attention the first couple of months because of being in denial so to speak. But I don't take my Valtrex until I see that red, raised area or an actual sore. I immediately start my Valtrex and the sore is gone within 2 or 3 days. Good luck!

Closed Thread