It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2001, 05:29 PM   #1

ozzgirl HB User
mood swings

Does anyone have mood swings when an outbreak is starting to flare?

cheers
ozzgirl

Old 11-28-2001, 11:29 AM   #2

bk2351 HB User
Re: mood swings

Having mood swings sounds perfectly normal when experiencing any biological change. For me, I get pain in my thighs followed by itching in my groin. This tends to put me in a not so cheerful mood. If your mood swings last for a long time, I would consult your doctor because it might be due to something else. Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to bk2351 For This Useful Post:
CarolinaKid (05-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2001, 09:50 PM   #3
(female)

Magie HB User

Ho Ozzgirl

Yes mood swings are perfectly normal because the herpes affects the nervous system as it travels in our verves which would cause all kinds of changes in our body ..from headaches, fevers, chills, fatique, crying, angry feelings, frustration, sexual deprivation as this is a time that sexual feelings are the strongest for me and problem everyone on this line can add dozens of more affects caused by this virus.
Hopes this helps... All the best ..Magie

The Following User Says Thank You to Magie For This Useful Post:
CarolinaKid (05-18-2011)
Old 12-09-2001, 08:33 AM   #4
Inactive

LUE HB User

Hi there, to answer your question, herpes symptoms vary from severity to moderate and to the few who are fortunate, they dont have any symptoms. For me, i have herpes 1 genitally, the symptoms i get when im about to break out are nerve pain either slightly down the leg or i usually feel it in the buttocks , but the pain doesnt hurt or anything , but i can actually feel the virus working itself up the nerve ganglia to meet its destination. Other pains i have had from recurrences of this are, malaise and or a weak run down feeling when i have a breakout, the malaise only last about two days then my immune system powers up and makes me feel strong and healthy again. My suggestion to u is , 1. Dont tell any girls you have herpes, dont disclose of that, not even if u have sex. Only disclose of that if u r going to marry her. 2.protect yourself with condoms, cause stds are rampant and you dont want to catch something worse, dont use condoms if u feel the person is std free, but at the same time, make sure you aint active. 3.if you have a high viral load and get frequent break outs from this, get on valtrex, 500mg , one pill everyother day. That should suppress it and keep it asleep for a while. Your body is building immunity towards it and for it to do so, you have to let it get recurrences, i hope you understand me, let me explain, everytime you have a breakout on your genital, lymph nodes in that area swell and trap the virus, then the body goes into battle and attacks the virus, u can help it by putting hydroperoxideon it, simply get a cup pour some of it inside and soak your manhood in it, for 5 mins, that will kill the virus, do it for 3 days. Remember your body is buiding resistence towards this virus and everytime it goes to war with it, u get weak and tired which is an indication that your body is performing. In about one year or 2, your immune system will by then overcome this virus and it will appear alot less frequent. Remember ,the common cold, chicken pox, mononucleosis, shingles, etc, are all in the herpes family, viruses never die, bacterias do - with treatment. Everyone has had either one form of herpes or another in their lifetime, what sets u apart is your type of specific herpes, which is herpes 2 or 1 genitally. All the viruses i just mentioned are transmittable, yes contagious, just cause u have some stubborn virus that can posibly be transmitted if u arent aware of how to control it or acknowledge when it appears, then most likely u will transmit it. Ok my friend, never tell a girl u have it, not only is it embarrassing as i have found out, but youre heart could be crushed if she decides to stray, enjoy your relationships and dont think about herpes, if u feel you are going to break out, supressive therapy will keep it in remission, enjoy your dates without disclosing some personal things like that.

Old 12-11-2001, 06:03 PM   #5

PhoebeM HB User

I totally disagree with you about never telling a girl you have herpes. Selfish people like you then give it almost knowingly to people like me! The guy I got it from thought he didn't have herpes right then because he was an asymptomatic carrier. Well, using a condom does not give an innocent party 100% protection, my friend. Viral shedding does happen and can spread Herpes to an unsuspecting person. The new man I am involved with KNOWS I have herpes II and has totally admired and respected me for telling him and giving HIM the choice about what he wanted to do about it. Don't keep something as critical as that from a sexual partner. If you are just using someone for sex and don't care about them as a person, then maybe I could see the selfishness part of it, but if you really and truly CARE about that person, how could you keep it from them? If you are worried she would reject you, then that is not the woman for you anyway! That is my opinion on this anyway. Herpes only becomes a social stigma longer when people like you are embarrassed about it and want to keep hiding the "big secret." We need to get this out in the open like other diseases have been made public and more accepted. The longer we keep fearing "the talk" the longer it will be before the general public will accept it for the HUGE problem it is.

Old 12-11-2001, 07:34 PM   #6
Inactive

LUE HB User

Its quit obvious to me that your anger still stems from your misfortune you had during your sexual escapade with this guy with the herpes. Condoms are 100% safe and do protect the partners from stds and pregnancy when used right and apropriatly. So i dont know where u got your information from, i think it was from that book u claim has all the answers, whats it called, the truth about herpes! Yea right, whatever!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
(male)

CarolinaKid HB User

I never thought that herpes would mess with your moods.

Normal I can deal with stress or anger problems well, but during an outbreak I seem to go nuts. I feel like a mom pmsing.

I have had this virus for about 5 years and I just notice the mood swing happening during the outbreak. I also have sleeping problems which i'm starting to see happening because of the outbreak.

Thanks for the information!

Closed Thread