It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
(male)

thoughtcrime14 HB User
white bump on penis

hello-

8 days ago I noticed a single white bump on my penis. That was last Saturday afternoon. I didnt notice it that morning but I may have missed it. It was between 1-2mm in diameter. It seemed a bit bigger on Sunday and Monday (maybe 2mm diameter), but by Tuesday it had absorbed back into my skin. The bump was gone but I was worried so I kept inspecting the area. The mark where it was never completely went away, and If I stretched the skin I could see the area where it had been. I have looked at the spot 5-6 times each day since. Yesterday, exactly one week after I first noticed the bump, it almost looked like it was re-forming, filling up again and looking more white and raised. I am not sure, but it now seems bigger than it did in the past few days, though not as big as it did last Saturday. If I look down at my penis, I cant see it. I only notice it when I stretch the skin tight and then can see a slightly raised area with what seems like a white spot underneath it. I am tempted to try and pop it, but it doesnt seem like there is much there to pop. I do have other tiny white bumps on my penis, near the base and a few on the underside of the shaft near the tip, but I have always had these. I am pretty sure the one I am talking about is new, or at least, the fact that it got bigger is new. It doesnt seem to hurt, though sometimes I imagine it does but then it goes away. I do have some pain coming from my right testicle, but I have an epidymal cyst and it does hurt every now and then. I have felt the pain coming from my right testicle ever since I noticed the bump last week, and sometimes I cant tell if the pain is coming from my testicle or the side of my penis where the bump is.

I am going to get a Herpes test (HerpesSelect) on Tuesday, but in the mean time I am wondering what I should do. I am trying hard not to keep stretching the skin so I can see it, but it is hard not to since I am worried about what it could be and keep wondering if it is getting bigger again. I want to pop it to see if anything comes out, but again I worry that will irritate it more and possible result in a scab of some type, which would make me worry even more. (about Herpes)

Almost exactly 4 years ago I had some pain in my penis, that felt like it was on the skin, and was accompanied by pain in my testicle. This seemed to last, off and on, for a total of about 8 months. Then it stopped. I had every STD test except for Herpes, because there was never any blisters or sores. It just felt irritated and the dermatologists I saw said they thought my penis skin looked normal, though I was convinced otherwise. Then it just stopped hurting, and for 3 1/2 years I havent had any thing like it. Now suddenly, that similar feeling is back, and this time I see a bump.

What does this sound like??? Should I be worried or am I simply over-reacting, over examining the area, and imagining the pain??

Help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
(female)

Anja1984 HB User
Re: white bump on penis

When my partner found a bump on his penis (he is HSV2 positive) it wasn't white in colour, more of a reddish, pink colour. He also gets white ones from time to time and his GP say's men generally get white bumps on the shaft of their penis - nothing nasty, perfectly harmless. I think you are better off leaving it alone. Definitely get a Herpes test done if you think you may have it or have been with a pertner who was infected and fingers crossed it's negative. Good luck

Old 10-19-2010, 01:42 AM   #3
(male)

thoughtcrime14 HB User
Re: white bump on penis

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

I agree, it doesnt sound like a typical herpes outbreak. And I have read that men do sometimes get clogged glands or pimples on their penis. But it seems odd that I would get a repeat of the same pain and sensations on my penis years later, and at the same time that a pimple or some kind of clogged gland appeared. I know that peoples minds can play tricks on them, but the pain feels REAL. It is hard to imagine that real pain can me made up just by focussing on an area of the body and thinking about a disease.

At this point it has been 9 days since I noticed the small bump, and I can still see it if I stretch the skin tightly in that area. It does look just like other small white bumps that are on my penis, and have been there previously, but I dont think it was there before, and even if it was it DEFINITELY got noticeably bigger there for a few days and looked like there was white fluid or puss underneath it, if I had I popped it. It seems strange that a herpes sore could just go away on its own without popping or scabbing over, but I have read that it happens like that for some people.

Later today (Tuesday) I am going to get a HerpesSelect blood test. Hopefully it will turn out to be negative.

Closed Thread