It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
(female)

misspiggie HB User
Could I have herpes?

I ask this question because there are some strange situations and coincidences surrounding the potential first outbreak I just got over.

I was on my period and had unprotected sex with someone two weeks ago. This person told me he was tested for STDS just a few weeks prior to our encounter. I also performed oral sex on him. That night my ladyparts really hurt, which I attributed to the unlubricated, dry sex. I figured I was chafed.
Two nights later my ladyparts were still hurting and irritated but I slept with a good friend anyway. He is very well-endowed, and the first time we had sex I even bled. Unsurprisingly the pain continued. Saturday morning we had sex again. That whole day my entire body ached and my ladyparts hurt worse than ever. That night they burned and a strange greenish discharge came out.
I figured something wasn't right so I tried to look at the area. I noticed redness, as though I was just really chafed and irritated, but no bumps. I finally got to a doctor this past week and she said she saw blisters and it looked like a mild herpes outbreak. She took a culture and the results are supposed to be in sometime next week. She gave me a scrip for Valtrax. She conceded that I could just be really irritated, but she thinks it's herpes. I started taking the valtrax that day and three days later I didn't have any more pain.

Edit: These are not the only two people I've slept with; in late September I had a lesbian threesome, unprotected, and those girls are fine, so I could not have had herpes then. In October I slept with the second guy I talked about above, plus one more, but we used condoms and barely touched. If the other one in October had it and was shedding, and only our thighs/hips touched, why would the outbreak occur internally?

I keep rolling all the events over in my head and something doesn't add up. If it is herpes, who gave it to me? The first guy didn't have any open sores--and I gave him oral sex, so if he had herpes wouldn't I have it in my mouth too? Also the second guy went down on me when I was supposedly actively breaking out, and his mouth is fine too. What else could this be?

Last edited by misspiggie; 11-21-2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason: more information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

babsie HB User
Re: Could I have herpes?

were those the only 2 guys you've had sexual encounters with? Herpes is known for lying dormant in the body. Besides, the guy that told you he was tested......GIRL!!! Never take anyones word for something like that.... especially a horny man.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
(female)

Nihilistic HB User

Best thing for you to do is see a doctor. You cant keep second guessing yourself otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy. Go see your doctor. Not all people are honest. A healthy looking man can have herpes just as a healthy looking woman can. It could have been from your threesome as I didnt know you could genital herpes (type 1) from oral sex alone but you can.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
(female)

Nihilistic HB User
I was on my period and had unprotected sex with someone two weeks ago. This person told me he was tested for STDS just a few weeks prior to our encounter. I also performed oral sex on him.

BTW, unless specifically asked by the patient, Herpes is not the standard std test given unless your showing signs.

Last edited by Nihilistic; 11-21-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
(female)

misspiggie HB User

The first guy said he had a negative herpes test in July but he's going back to get re-tested this week. Also, I forgot to mention that during my entire story, I had strep throat! The day before I went to the doctor last week (who said it looked like herpes) I went to the doctor at my school and tested positive for strep.
I find the results out this week, I just can't believe this could be my reality.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
(female)

Nihilistic HB User

Believe me, I KNOW how scared you are! My results come in this week as well:

My Story - http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=824525

I also am SO sick with worry, I dont know where to begin. Please know, whether we want to or not, we WILL get through this. Please add me, talk to me any time you like. I have read all the posts here and everyone seems to be very kind and very helpful. We are in the same boat friend, lets try to move in the same positive direction.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

If you slept with more then one person then you will never know for sure who gave it to you for the simple fact that you can get it while using a condom and even when there are no signs or symptoms. Like another poster had mentioned this could also lay dormant in your body for years so its tricky to pinpoint the "who".

Did the doc give you a blood test and a culture or just the culture? Asking because if both were done and the culture is positive and blood is negative then you know its a recent infection within the past 4 months.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #8
(female)

Nihilistic HB User

Have you heard back from your doctors yet?

Old 11-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #9
(female)

misspiggie HB User

This is so frustrating, I went to Planned Parenthood on Nov 16, it's nearly two weeks later and they still haven't told me my results! Not only that, but when I called last Monday, I spoke with the doctor I saw, and she said that my urine sample wasn't even sent out to test for chlamydia and syphilis!

I've done a lot of research and contemplated the matter a lot, and I have a theory that I've had this virus for a while. I think this outbreak was induced by a combination of factors: the friction caused by sex on my period, my compromised immune system due to strep throat, and sex with the well-endowed guy. Since I made this original posting I've discovered that herpes can be spread, especially to women, even if the guy wears a condom and doesn't have visible sores (viral shedding), which means anyone could have given it to me. In addition, my first outbreak was mild, which also leads me to believe I've had this for some time. This week I'm going to go back there and get a blood test so I can figure out if I'm right and it isn't recent.

At this point, I'm acclimated to the idea of me having herpes, and I've decided it could be so much worse. This virus has put everything else into perspective for me. When you get down to it, it's a skin condition (not unlike the acne from which I currently suffer) that otherwise doesn't affect my life, hasten death, etc. I'm over it.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:47 AM   #10
(female)

Nihilistic HB User

I wish I could be as positive as you are. I am still mad, depressed. I have put myself into a proper pity party. I am fighting it hard, to find myself again but I just cant seem to.

I THINK, once the OB is under control and or gone, I'll deal better then. The pain is a constant reminder. I need a break now. I feel I have more then put my dues in with all this.

Are you on an oral? What are your plans for treatment?

Old 11-29-2010, 07:59 AM   #11
(female)

misspiggie HB User

I'm not currently taking any medication. Once I get a positive result I'm going to start taking lysine supplements and swallowing garlic. I don't anticipate another outbreak.

The following user gives a hug of support to misspiggie:
Nihilistic (11-29-2010)
Old 11-29-2010, 08:10 AM   #12
(female)

Nihilistic HB User

I still want to know how you are doing. If your interested, I'll let you know everything I take, what helps, what doesnt.

Stay on top of your doctor. You should have had answers by now :X

Old 12-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #13
(female)

misspiggie HB User

I'm really frustrated. Last week I called Planned Parenthood on Monday, Tuesday, and finally on Wednesday my doctor called me back and told me that the lab COULD NOT PROCESS MY CULTURE. ***? So now there's no DEFINITIVE way to tell that I had a herpes outbreak. She said she'd give me a prescription to get the blood test, so last Friday I did that. Now I'm trying unsuccessfully to find out my results. I called PP yesterday and today and NO ONE called me back. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Closed Thread