It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
(male)

WorriedSick16 HB User
Herpes or Pimple?

Hi, I'm 16 years old and maybe about two weeks ago I had intercourse with a girl, now normally I don't believe the dramatic high school gossip but afterwords a jealous ex-girlfriend told me that the girl I had intercourse with had herpes.
She made ridiculous claims that made no sense so I ignored it. So about four days ago I got [what I think] is a pimple on the corner of my mouth. Now I know I have a horrible acne issue, plus I don't watch what I eat health wise, but after I scratched it away it scabbed and I remember reading that herpes are a white blister. This looks more like a single whitehead that I scratched away and it scabbed and for the past four days every morning I scratch the scab away, and it feels like a hole in my lip and it looks nothing like the pictures of lip herpes I've seen before. Besides, herpes is like a group of 4-5 little clear watery blisters right? If so I'm relieved that its just acne [as relieved as I can actually]

Now I have another question. Before I actually lost my virginity and had any intercourse at all, I had small bumps [same color as my skin] on the base of my penis and the skin of my balls. Now over time a lot of the bumps have disappeared and been replaced by hair but some bumps still remain with hair in them. Is this a disease of any kind?

Old 01-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: Herpes or Pimple?

I'm going to preface this by saying it doesn't sound like you have a herpes sore- you don't mention pain or itching, and a herpes sore on either the mouth or the genitals generally itch and hurt (sting).

That said, here's what I know that might help if you do indeed have herpes.

okay- first of all there are two primary types of herpex- HSV1, and HSV2. HSV1 is primarily associated with "cold sores" on the mouth, and over half the population in the USA has it by the time they are adults.

HSV2 is primarily associated with genital herpes and typically involves clusters of sores (as opposed to just one or two) and more frequent outbreaks. About 20-25% of the US population has that by the time they are adults.

This is a generalization, however, and you should be aware that the virus CAN be transmitted in both directions- for example, if you had a cold sore and performed oral sex on someone you could give them genital herpes.

Herpes is transmitted through contact with someone that has the virus and sores do not have to be present- the virus can shed asymptomatically. So if you kissed a part of her body (her mouth or her genitals) that had a herpes infection then yes, you could have it.

If you have it, you need to be careful not to transmit it - not only to others, but also to other areas of your own body. The most susceptible parts of the body to the herpes virus is the mouth, genitals, nose and eyes. Be particularly careful never to touch your nose or eyes if you have a herpes sore on either your mouth or genitals- an outbreak in the nose or eyes is extremely painful and can cause blindness. Any time you have contact with a part of your body that has the virus, wash your hands well with soap and water.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Since Dee did such a good job explaining the herpes, I will answer you other question about the bumps. What you describe sounds like hair follicles, and are a natural part of the texture of the skin on your testicles. Nothing to worry about.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
(male)

WorriedSick16 HB User

Alright thank both of you.
I once again, scratched the scab off and indeed it got red and they say herpes sores generally heal fast. and you're correct, no itching or stinging, just my own desire and habit to pick the scab. I'll be sure to wait until the sore maybe returns in the same spot soon to get tested since it's unlikely I got it.
As for the bumps on my testicles thank you for that information. As long as its natural I'm happy.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

You are quite welcome, that is what we are here for. It sounds like you are going to be fine.

Closed Thread