It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
(female)

chocolate19 HB User
Can HSV-2 be spread by touching penis with hand, then touching vagina?

I slept with a guy who has herpes (but had no outbreak during sex). His last outbreak was two weeks prior. I made sure to use a condom and did not go down on him.

My question is this: I am wondering what are my chances of contracting herpes if I touched his penis, then touched my vagina...or if he touched his penis and then fingered me? Is it possible to spread it this way? (again, he did not have an outbreak at this time).

This would be the only way of me getting it, I think. He said he only gets a bump or two on the tip, nowhere else.

Angeleyes - if you could explain your quote, about if you wear a condom, you could still contract it due to skin on skin contact. do you mean if someone had it around their genitals and not directly on them? or can someone explain this? does this have to do with my question..from it going to penis to hand to vagina? Or has anyone gotten herpes like this? thanks.

Please someone shed some insight! what are my chances?

Last edited by chocolate19; 01-07-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
(female)

chocolate19 HB User
Re: Can HSV-2 be spread by touching penis with hand, then touching vagina?

anybody out there know this? can it be spread in this way?...help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User

Herpes aren't just right on the penis or right on the vagina. They can be on the groin area, the pubic bone area, near the anus, and on the testicles. That's what she means by "skin to skin" contact. It is virtually impossible to have intercourse by only contacting his penis. You are absolutely going to come in contact with his groin, etc. Plus, germs don't sit nicely in one spot, they can spread. So putting a bandaid on a lesion, for example, is not an effective way to avoid spreading the virus.

Did he touch you immediately after touching himself? He could have transferred the virus. And remember, you don't have to have an actual sore to be contagious. I got it from a guy who has never had any sores...not one.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
(female)

chocolate19 HB User

I'd say he didn't touch me immediately after, like he would have touched my leg or the bed, or something before touching me. I also washed later with soap and water about an hour after, don't know if that would make a difference.

But if he's only ever had a bump or two on the head, and that was covered while having sex, then I probably would be ok that way, right?

Do you think the chance went down of it shedding, as he had an outbreak 2 weeks prior?

My chance of getting it is pretty slim do you think?

And the guy you got it from (even though he had no sores) did you have unprotected sex with him?

Old 01-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate19 View Post
I slept with a guy who has herpes (but had no outbreak during sex). His last outbreak was two weeks prior. I made sure to use a condom and did not go down on him.

My question is this: I am wondering what are my chances of contracting herpes if I touched his penis, then touched my vagina...or if he touched his penis and then fingered me? Is it possible to spread it this way? (again, he did not have an outbreak at this time).

This would be the only way of me getting it, I think. He said he only gets a bump or two on the tip, nowhere else.

Angeleyes - if you could explain your quote, about if you wear a condom, you could still contract it due to skin on skin contact. do you mean if someone had it around their genitals and not directly on them? or can someone explain this? does this have to do with my question..from it going to penis to hand to vagina? Or has anyone gotten herpes like this? thanks.

Please someone shed some insight! what are my chances?
Hi What I mean is since the condom does not cover the whole boxer short area there is still a chance because you get it from skin to skin contact even when there are no signs or symptoms since there is shedding (which is not 24/7 but we never know when). Even if someone has an outbreak in the same place all the time there is always a chance of it coming up another location within the genital area.

As far as from finger to genital that is highly unlikely since the virus does not survive outside of the body for very long.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
(female)

chocolate19 HB User

thanks so much for your msg =)

Oh, I didn't know there could be or is shedding in that whole area! Eep, now I'm thinking back to that night...

Is it true that people with hsv 2, if they were shedding, to shed more before an outbreak? I might be more safe! !

I think I'm ok, (it's been 4 days since it happened!) but I did read somewhere that it could be transferred by touching in the way I had mentioned, so I don't know what to think or believe.. =( I guess it's risky either way. How do you have sex, without risking the other person if a condom doesn't always mean safe sex in this situation! =S Is this possible? Guess you couldn't do certain things......=(

Old 01-09-2011, 05:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate19 View Post
thanks so much for your msg =)

Oh, I didn't know there could be or is shedding in that whole area! Eep, now I'm thinking back to that night...

Is it true that people with hsv 2, if they were shedding, to shed more before an outbreak?Normally before during and right after an outbreak is when transmission is higher then any other given day I might be more safe! !

I think I'm ok, (it's been 4 days since it happened!) but I did read somewhere that it could be transferred by touching in the way I had mentioned, so I don't know what to think or believe.. =(Just be careful on what you read everything out there is not true.. but the way you mentioned could happen its just not often as I haven't heard about it before or read about it happening often I guess it's risky either way. How do you have sex, without risking the other person if a condom doesn't always mean safe sex in this situation! =S Is this possible? Guess you couldn't do certain things......=( This is a tricky question, since there is always a risk there is no such thing as "safe sex" unless you abstain but that is also in any given situation as condoms in general aren't 100% but most people with Herpes live normal lives and still have a great normal sex life.. this is possible when the other person in the relationship accepts it. When accepting it, I mean is open to the fact that they know they may get the virus but do not care because being with that person means so much more ya know. You have some people out there that will "deal" with the virus but they are the ones that do not know a lot about it and/or think you cant get it if using a condom or if there are no visible signs.. this by no means is their fault because unfortunately there is not enough awareness out there about Herpes... an estimated 90% of infected people do not even know that they have it.. crazy right?

Last edited by angeleyz81; 01-09-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #8
(female)

chocolate19 HB User

ya crazy! thanks a lot for your response.

Closed Thread