It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 05:16 AM   #1
(male)

peterdur88 HB User
do i have herpes type 2

In late feb. I had sex, and before intercourse used a silicon lube, that I had never used before. The lube was definitely the wrong choice, and it dried my girlfriend out and really irritated my penis, it made it raw and frankly really cut it up. Within 24 spots started developing all around my penis. Within 48 hours it looked bad and I went to a doctor. The doctor gave me some cortisol cream. I used the cream for a day and after some research decided that I wanted a herpes test. The next day I came back and he gave me a swab herpes test. He said the test would take about a week to get back, but he gave me five days of aciclovir that I could take in the mean time.

I took five days of aciclovir, and the sores frankly did not really go away. Around ten days after the swab test was taken, the results came back. I tested positive for herpes 2, and negative for herpes 1. I am aware of the high accuracy of herpes swab tests.

Less than three days later, my problems got worse. All of the sudden, I could not pee! And I do not mean it was difficult, i mean literally I could not urinate at all. I had to been hospitalized and I had to use a catheter. I did not tell the doctors in the hospital that I had a positive herpes swab test already. I am an american in germany, and knowing how the german doctors work, if i had told them that they would of not bothered to run any additional tests.

So the doctors in the hospital inspected my penis, which still had sores after aciclovir, and they decided it was mostly a neurological issue. I was hospitalized for seven days. The doctors said it could be herpes, but they had never seen herpes that did not respond to antivirals, or that was so bad that someone could literally not urinate. They wondered if it could be some time of allergic reaction i had to the lube.

In the hospital the following test were ran.

mri, checked out ok
ekg of limbs, checked out ok
ms test, negative

and there was a ton of blood tests, and two spinal taps but i will focus on what relates to stds

herpes blood test, borderline region, could not say either way
two herpes spinal taps in which the spinal fluid was analyized for herpes dna in a pcr herpes test, they were both negative.

In the hospital that had me on antibacterial and antiviral ivs.

From the intial outbreak of sores, i still have scars that have developed, i thought herpes did not leave behind scars. Now the scars are still obviously there and I have one sore that developed around a week ago, and has not gone away despite now being three days into a new course of acicolvir.

I am sure something is obviously wrong with me, and yes it is most likely herpes, i just want to be sure its not some other condition that could be being confussed with herpes.

From my research I have been under the impression that herpes swab tests (when you get a positive result), and herpes spinal tap pcr tests are both basically 99.9 percent accurate. My question is then if the swab was positive, and two pcr tests in the hospital were negative what do I believe. I really need some educated input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
(female)

babyjane30 HB Userbabyjane30 HB Userbabyjane30 HB User
Re: do i have herpes type 2

I'm sorry for your pain! I would say that you have herpes, even though I'm not a doctor. I have never seen swab tests on active, open sores that were tested positive and it wasn't so. I was also thinking that the irritation and the scarring and the reason that the sores didn't go away could be because of just your body healing. I know that sometimes, the stress level can have something to do with how long the healing process takes. and I keep refills of generic valtrex on hand and the dosage is ALWAYS A TEN DAY DOSE, not 5 and sometimes it takes longer than that if the sores are inside my butt crack. (sorry to be so graphic) trying to keep it real. (air doesn't get there all the time) hope this helped.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

john1444 HB User
Re: do i have herpes type 2

What exactly did, your last doctor confirmed is wrong with you?

Closed Thread