It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

eh4ar HB User
outbreaks place of origin & genital HSV1

so I have read online that "typically" future outbreaks will return in the place that the original outbreak occurred. Is this correct?

I am wondering because my first outbreak of genital herpes type-1 was around my anus.. (I have some ideas on my it occurred there that seem to make sense) So I am curious to know if any future outbreaks will occur around my anus or move to my vagina. My first outbreak, like a said was around my anus, but also had one sore on the skin between the vagina and anus. I was terrified that it was going to spread to that entire area down there, but I didn't.

Also, I know that from all the research I've done, I have read that genital HSV1 outbreaks are less common that genital HSV2 outbreaks, but I would love to hear that from people who actually have it and have experienced it. I have only had herpes for 3 weeks and I am so scared for another outbreak. I don't like not knowing when it's coming.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: outbreaks place of origin & genital HSV1

Hi,
Typically it will show up in the same place but not always since it runs along the nerve to the genital region. I do not have HSV1 but have HSV2 genitally and I have been lucky in 11 years of having it only have had 2 outbreaks, but yes type 1 is normally less outbreaks then that of 2.

Hopefully some other people can chime in with their experience as well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
(female)

Samsonstella HB User
Re: outbreaks place of origin & genital HSV1

I have had a similar experience in the exact locations. I just contracted it a week ago and am going through my first primary ob, which after 6 days now, it seems to be under control. Have you had another ob since your first one? Did you find out any information that you wanted to know more about? Are you taking any meds? THanks.

Closed Thread