It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

anaksunamun HB User
HSV1, HSV2, doubts!

Hi, This is my first time writing, and it's hard, I've had a rough year coping with this.
I had my first OB around February of last year. At the time, I was in a relationship with a guy that had relatively frequent but mild cold sores, and I would say that he most likely performed oral sex on me during an OB. This is why, I would think that my herpes type is HSV1. Sice that first OB I have had a lot of stress, and I would say I've had around 5 or 6 mild outbreaks ever since, Iguess that is a lot, from what I've read in this forum... The first OB was outside my vagina, on the side, near the bikini line, left side, and outbreaks were always near that place. OK, right now I am kinda freaking out, because I got an ugly one on the right side, right next to the entrance of the vagina...almost inside... can this happen?! can OBs suddenly just change place??? or have I caught another type?? reinfected myself?? please help, I am terryfied with this...It is, however healing pretty fast and OK. I did not recognise it as an OB due to the location and the feeling, and I've had protected sex twice with my partner, Is the risk too high of him getting it??
Also, I wanted to know if HSV 1 and 2 look exactly the same when they are genital, and if they produce the same symptoms, I'd like to think I have HSV1, but due to my frequent OBs, should I assume that it is 2?? or can HSV1 also recur a lot if the person is under stress?
Thabks for this space, it is really comforting to hear from other people going through the same situation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: HSV1, HSV2, doubts!

Hi,
Unfortunately the OB doesn't always happen in the same area and it travels along the nerve down to the genital area so it can appear any where in the genital area including the buttocks. As far as I know HSV1 and HSV2 have the same symptoms, but don't worry you didn't reinfect yourself it just decided to pop up somewhere else this time.

Closed Thread