It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
(male)

waywardson HB Userwaywardson HB Userwaywardson HB Userwaywardson HB User
What does a cold sore feel like?

I noticed a white spot on the edge of my lip and some redness underneath. This happend after a night out of heavy drinking. Sadly I got a little too drunk and there are some parts of the night I cant remeber completely...I do remeber smoeking a cig too long and feeling like I at one point hit my lip with it and burned it...I cant fully remeber. It is not painful but feels a very mild discomfort if I touch it. I imagine if it was a burn too that I would feel it a little more. I have never had a cold sore before but realize there is never no time that you cant get them...esp considering 80% of the pop carries the virus. I noticed that the skin underneath is lose..to me shows that some kind of damage was done. Any thoughts??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
(female)

Alyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB User
Re: What does a cold sore feel like?

Even if it is a cold sore, I don't think that it should be any cause of alarm for you. The majority of the population suffer from them, 90% in fact, and so it is more likely than not for someone to have them eventually. I've had a cold sore approximately 10 times over the course of my entire life (I'm 28), the first one happening when I was probably 14 or so.
No one has ever been concerned over it, myself included. If that is what it is with you, it should go away shortly and who knows when, if ever, it will return. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
(male)

Yeah so I dont think it was a cold sore, but stupidly I picked at it(bad habit from acne at a young age) and made it worse...to me it was obvious that it was something I did was I drunk...because it just seemed like dead skin..that accidentaly peeld off..and now is raw. I have several areas of my skin that have scar tissue from acne and when it gets damaged it gets red and I accidentally made it worse...I think it well heal fairly quickly though...just feel stupid for messing with it.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:51 AM   #4
(female)

Alyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waywardson View Post
Yeah so I dont think it was a cold sore, but stupidly I picked at it(bad habit from acne at a young age) and made it worse...to me it was obvious that it was something I did was I drunk...because it just seemed like dead skin..that accidentaly peeld off..and now is raw. I have several areas of my skin that have scar tissue from acne and when it gets damaged it gets red and I accidentally made it worse...I think it well heal fairly quickly though...just feel stupid for messing with it.
Lol, I do the same exact thing! It takes me so long for any pimples, bug bites, sunburns, scars or anything to heal because I will pick them all open over and over again so the wound stays fresh...ugh!
I actually would do that to my cold sore on my lip as well!!! And when I did, clear liquid would just come out and then it would look red with a jagged circle around it from where I tore the upper layer of skin off. *sigh* LoL

Old 08-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
(male)

Yeah I use to be really bad about it..even gave myself a scar for messing too much with one. I am much much better now..although i get maybe 3 pimples a year now compared to like 5 a week when i was in HS..but i am 29 now lol.

Closed Thread