It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

bethanne8129 HB User
Internal Outbreaks (vaginal) questions

Hi, I was diagnosed with herpes a month ago via a swab from an active lesion. My blood test came up negative, so I don't know what type I have yet. This happened because I recently contracted the virus.

I've been searching on here, and everywhere else, for information but am not finding that many other women have internal outbreaks. I'd love any information you may have regarding them. I'm especially concerned about transmission, because since it's internal, I'm afraid the virus is present in vaginal fluid during sex. I feel like things are a little different with an internal outbreak and want to know what additional precautions I should take, or if anyone has internal outbreaks and has some wisdom about transmission, how to keep the area clean/dry to shorten time, etc. I am taking the meds for treatment but not yet for suppression because I've been so recently diagnosed and my doctor wanted me to wait a month to find out how often I'd have outbreaks.

ANY info about internal outbreaks in the vagina would be helpful! I've seen a few people say they have internal outbreaks, so this one's for you! Thank you!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
(female)

Alyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB User
Re: Internal Outbreaks (vaginal) questions

This answer isn't going to be very helpful from me except for me to say that I strongly believe that I have internal outbreaks. I believe I have had herpes for three or more years and yet have only ever had one outbreak on my groin... but I have had multiples times where I've had UTI-like symptoms, itching and burning, horrible neuralgia pain in my buttocks and thighs, and swollen groin lymph nodes. Now that I have been diagnosed I truly believe this is what caused those symptoms and that my sores were inside and that's why I didn't find out sooner! (I found out about 3 months ago).
Anyway, I too, would appreciate any and all advice or info for some of the more experienced members, and I feel your pain and hope you get through this ok!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
(female)

bethanne8129 HB User

Alyssa, thank you for the reply! I definitely can relate with your symptoms. Also, I'm having my 2nd outbreak after my primary and I didn't even know I was having it except for the nerve pain aching in my right inner thigh. And, it is possible to have them in your urethra so perhaps you could be having them there?

I'm sorry you're dealing with this, too. Hopefully some wisdom will come to both of us from someone on here. Wishing you the best. We'll both get through it!

Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
(female)

worried in tx HB User

Hey guys! I believe I'm having internal OB's as I have the neuralgia and groin irritation (strangely never vaginal) after sex with someone who has H2. It's been awhile so I was hoping that you had some wisdom for me. I'm still getting LOW negative igg tests at 6 weeks post exposure. But I am having the worst problems. TINNITUS as well! Head fullness! Lots of leg and groin pain. I'm taking 2000 grams of Valtrex right now as we thought maybe I had Shingles - but no rash EVER ANYWHERE. Help!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
(female)

unhappynconfusd HB User

ok girls and guys i have been reading your post, my situation is a lil different, i dont no if i have VH, i do get coldsores on my lip and sometimes around my nares, however 3 1/2 yrs ago my husband had a outbreak on his pubic area and has continued to have out breaks on his penis, so to the male yes it can happen in different areas each time, ok so with that said we dont use protection and well if he has a outbreak we just dont have sex until its clear, i no it is like playing russian rollet huh? Im not real familiar with H, so i thought well i would google internal, now i have had paps and never have they sd anything abnormal and when they ask what i want checked for i tell them H, But then i saw you girls posting about nerve pain in your thigh and well that raised a red flag for me, since i had my tubal ligation 3 yrs ago (not to get to weird) but when i get excited if you no what i mean i have this pain it seems like its around my vagina its strange and hard to explain but its like a achy weird pain however like i sd its not during sex but prior, and i was having aot of thigh pain and i blamed it on sitting and driving alot, other then that no pain or ob on the outside i have a pap coming up but i am sooooo worried about it, my husband and i are having problems and well if we split up i would never want to date again if i find out i have this.....i take valtrex now because of my coldsores because i am a nurse and well its not very attractive talking to drs with funk on your face lol lil humor.

Closed Thread