It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
(male)

wussup3327 HB User
Red face Herpes??? on neck and base of penis

a few months ago after i shaved i formed a small cluster of red bumps on my neck under my jaw and i just figured they were razor bumps.. since then they re-appear in the same spot and have gotten bigger since then.
today i noticed one shiny bump on the side of my penis on the lower part of the shaft.. i squeezed it and a small amount of white puss came out, sort of like popping a pimple. later on it was just a flakey bump. under it at the base of my penis (where the pubic hair starts) there is red irritation. nothing itches or hurts... maybe a slight burning sensation.
it was just a few hours after having sex with my girlfriend when this happened, sometimes after her and i have sex my chest gets a red rash along with my neck and cheeks..
i do occasionally get cold sores but they are very mild and i am very sanitary and they go away fast.

could i possibly have genital herpes?
or do i get some sort of barbers itch or rashing?

any info appreciated

Old 09-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
(male)

wussup3327 HB User
Re: Herpes??? on neck and base of penis

anybody???
it seems the bump went down but is still there and it is not an open sore.
the bump has a dimple, andthere is no redness around it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
(female)

Alyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB UserAlyssa946 HB User
Re: Herpes??? on neck and base of penis

the best thing to do would be to go get a culture asap as once the sore/bump is gone the doctors will need to rely on a blood test to determine your status. :-) And I would suggest the culture over the blood test in your case because if you do have cold sores then you would test positive for HSV I no matter what and this way it wouldn't be a question as to whether the positive result also applied to the bump on your penis.
With that being said, however, most herpes sores on the genitals are HSV II while most facial herpes sores are HSV I, but this isn't always the case.
I hope this helps!
Unfortunately I can't really say my own opinion because herpes behaves differently for everyone and even in the same person from one outbreak to the next :-(
Usually, however, sores are multiple in number (particularly during the first outbreak, which is usually the worst), and ulcerate and then scab over as they heal, the whole process of which can last 10-14 days...
So that may be encouraging to you as that does not sound like what you have, but like I said, that is the description of the TYPICAL herpes outbreak only... and atypical outbreaks are more common than they sound.
Does your gf know her status?
I would also recommend she get tested, too! Why not? :-)

Closed Thread