It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
(female)

makskye HB User
I was recently diagnosed, and I just need some support.

Yesterday I woke up thinking that I had a really severe UTI and went to sleep knowing I had herpes. I'm fifteen, and I still don't know how I got it, or which kind. I'm getting a blood test tomorrow or the next day.
Now, I know what you're going to assume with my story, but please take my word for it. Both me and my boyfriend (of over a year, and we are deeply in love) had absolutely no sexual contact before each other. Neither of us have ever had a chance to cheat, because we're with each other almost 24/7. He is getting a blood test tomorrow.
I'm having trouble convincing him that we're going to be able to make it work. He thinks that we'll never be able to have sex again, or even kiss.
As far as I know, as long as we use condoms and make sure not to do anything on an outbreak, then we'll be fine. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
I'm dealing with the news on my own pretty well, but his not taking it well is making this a lot harder on me, besides the excruciating pain of the outbreak.
Any stories and support would be lovely and greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
(female)

imillnotsick HB User
Re: I was recently diagnosed, and I just need some support.

How do you know you have herpes but not know what type? Honestly I've been In you're postion before and overthinking can make you believe you have something you really don't have. I was so paniced that I got tested at two seperate places to see if they were both the same answers. Once you find out for sure that you have it kissing your boyfriend will put him in danger of getting the virus because its in your bloodstream just and your saliva. Just like he could catch a cold from you, he could catch the virus on his mouth. Wearing a condom will help from spreading the virus down there but its still not 100% affective.

Last edited by imillnotsick; 12-14-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #3
(female)

Prettyinpink86 HB UserPrettyinpink86 HB UserPrettyinpink86 HB User

Does your boyfriend have coldsores on his mouth? It is most likely if it is herpes, type 1 herpes, which he probably caught from kissing someone before you. I have herpes type 1 you get used to it after a bit.

Last edited by Prettyinpink86; 12-14-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
(female)

makskye HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by imillnotsick View Post
How do you know you have herpes but not know what type? Honestly I've been In you're postion before and overthinking can make you believe you have something you really don't have. I was so paniced that I got tested at two seperate places to see if they were both the same answers. Once you find out for sure that you have it kissing your boyfriend will put him in danger of getting the virus because its in your bloodstream just and your saliva. Just like he could catch a cold from you, he could catch the virus on his mouth. Wearing a condom will help from spreading the virus down there but its still not 100% affective.
Its genital herpes.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
(female)

imillnotsick HB User

I'm assuming that you have type 2 since type 2 herpes is more commonly spread on the genitals. You can kiss him and give him type 2 herpes on the mouth. Doctors say that it doesn't break out as badly on the mouth as type 1 does. Basically type 1's home ground is the mouth, type 2's home ground is the gentials. When type 1 is spread to the gentials it isnt going to break out as badly as it would on the mouth, type 2 isnt going to break out as badly on the mouth as it would the genitals. As for sex, condoms will help but again nothing is 100% safe. Make sure he truly loves you. Herpes doesn't have to be a curse you should get medication to treat it.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:48 AM   #6
(female)

Prettyinpink86 HB UserPrettyinpink86 HB UserPrettyinpink86 HB User

For the unlucky few ghsv1 can have bad outbreaks which are frequent.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
(female)

LushiousLemon87 HB User

I am 24 and is sounds like u do na good job and he is fricking out he might b the one woo gave it to u now I handled it well til he started making me feel like it was my fault ha will god see everything and u stay positive and reassure him it wud b better to stay together n work it out then to branch off n mess up some one else life cause u must tell everyone u come sexual with cuz I hav a cuz n woo wait til she do it to them then tell ppl n that is very dangerous so u keep ur head up n record where ur outbreaks take place, how often they come, and what makes them come.

Closed Thread