It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
(male)

WorriedBR HB User
Genital Herpes? Acne?

Hello there!

I had an exposure 5 months ago. I was so worried about that exposure...
I've got tested for STDs after the 3 month mark (109 days, 15.5 weeks) and all of them came out negative (HTLV I-II, HIV I-II, HCV, HBV, Herpes 2 IgG and IgM). But I'm positive to Herpes 1 since I was a child

This week, I had a kind of blister on my pubic hair area. I popped it and it bleed a bit. There were no itching and no pus came out. The wound dried and today I noticed another blister on the side of my penis (on the hairy area). I popped it as well and some bleed came out. No pus.
It looks like acne, but it's easier to pop and there's no yellow thing in the centre of the blister
No itching or burning on my pubic hair popped blister and on my penis

I'm worried about Herpes 2...

So, some questions:
1 - May my Herpes 1 delay the Herpes 2 seroconversion?
2 - Can Herpes 2 blisters appear solo? Or it's always appear on a group?
3 - Is a 3,5 month Herpes 2 IgG and IgM negative result conclusive?

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Genital Herpes? Acne?

Hi,
Sometimes it can take up to 4 months for the antibodies to appear on a blood test I don't think having type 1 would have an affect on HSV2 coming out although sometimes it would make it a little harder for you to get the 2nd type but not 100% immune. The blisters will not always come in more then one at least for me it hasn't. It may be acne and not herpes as I have never heard of herpes not being a bit painful or itchy. Maybe if you go to a dermatologist they would be able to give you a more definitive answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
(male)

WorriedBR HB User

I thought it better and I don't think that I might have contracted HSV2 - I took the blood test 11 days before 4 months after encounter were completed.
Perhaps it should be HPV... I'm so scared... But I'll have a appointment with a doctor...
Thank you

Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
(male)

TonyDewitt HB User

I noticed that you tested for HTLV - did the doctor mention what the window period is for that test?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
(male)

WorriedBR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDewitt View Post
I noticed that you tested for HTLV - did the doctor mention what the window period is for that test?
The doctor didn't tell me about the window period. But according to data available here in Brazil, the window period for HTLV detection is between 36 and 72 days (with a mean time of 51 days, providing 95% of reliability).

Old 03-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
(female)

river55 HB User

you must confirm the testing... not just one positive or negative will tell you for sure. Multiple results using multiple techniques are a must!

If you do have HSV do some research, try lots of things, find what works best for you. I tried about a dozen "treatments" both natural and synthetic. Nothing really helped until I found something called viradux-au. Their website has good research info too. good luck.

Closed Thread