It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

unluckygirl21 HB User
Has my herpes come back so soon?

I was diagnosed with genital herpes about 2 months ago, it eventually cleared up and I was told that it hopefully/probably wouldn't come back very often, however only 2 months later I've noticed more discharge and a bit of a burning sensation in my genitals and one side is particularly sore and I think slightly lumpy but not like what my last outbreak looked like and it;s not all over yet.

I'm not sure if this could be just a random rash from underwear or something or if my herpes have come back already after 2 months,

I've not been taking any meds to prevent it coming back, my doc said she would only prescribe them if I got another outbreak regularly.

Should I wait a few days or go straight to the docs?

Thanks

Old 03-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
(female)

babyjane30 HB Userbabyjane30 HB Userbabyjane30 HB User
Re: Has my herpes come back so soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluckygirl21 View Post
I was diagnosed with genital herpes about 2 months ago, it eventually cleared up and I was told that it hopefully/probably wouldn't come back very often, however only 2 months later I've noticed more discharge and a bit of a burning sensation in my genitals and one side is particularly sore and I think slightly lumpy but not like what my last outbreak looked like and it;s not all over yet.

I'm not sure if this could be just a random rash from underwear or something or if my herpes have come back already after 2 months,

I've not been taking any meds to prevent it coming back, my doc said she would only prescribe them if I got another outbreak regularly.

Should I wait a few days or go straight to the docs?

Thanks
Hi unlucky girl:

I also have genital herpes and when I was first diagnosed, after my initial diagnosis, I only had an outbreak once a year. There is no set number of times that an outbreak can occur; different things will trigger an outbreak. Yes you need to go to the doctor, especially if you don't know for sure if this is an outbreak or not. As time goes on, you will be able to know your body more and tell when an outbreak is occurring, but you definitely need to be tested and get on medicine. My doctor doesn't regularly prescribe me medicine but I have refills so that when I get an outbreak, I can fill one, and start taking the medicine ASAP.

Hope this helped.
Jane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
(female)

unluckygirl21 HB User

Hi Jane,

Yes this was a great help thanks,

I just feel really unlucky, just my luck to have it come back so soon if that's what it is.

I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow, was shut over the weekend, no additional signs so far so maybe i'll be ok afterall but still going to check.

What can I do in my lifestyle to try and stop it coming back so often?

Thanks.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
(female)

mscates HB User

My first year I had outbreaks every month. The following year it was every other month, then every three months, then ever six months, and now it's once a year or less.

I didn't take anything, my body just naturally slowed down on it.

But, since I want to become sexually active I have been reading online that Lysine really helps to prevent outbreaks and heal the ones you're experiencing much faster. So I would definitely look into that if I were you.

It's hard to deal with in the beginning but with time it will get easier.

Last edited by mscates; 03-18-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
(female)

unluckygirl21 HB User

EVERY MONTH!?

God, I don't think I can cope with this anymore, I'm a young woman, I want a healthy happy sex life, not to be stressed and depressed by this for the next few years.

I freakin hate myself. If I get this every month I don't think i'm going to cope.

Sooooo annoyed

The following user gives a hug of support to unluckygirl21:
jillian4 (03-18-2012)
Old 03-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
(female)

mscates HB User

I was only 19 years old at the time. I wanted to be loved and to be in a relationship and have a healthy sex life.

I found someone literally a month after my first diagnosis, and he was perfectly accepting of it and we had a great sex life for 8 years.

You can make it!

I was really devastated by it in the beginning, I felt so dirty and so wretched and like I'd never be able to have normal sex again.

But, you can have a healthy happy sex life.

Try Lysine, I have read that it really helps to keep outbreaks at bay, and that it also helps to heal up current ones much faster. This is based on actual scientific research plus people who are positive for herpes and share their own personal experiences taking it.

You will survive. It's hard and scary and frustrating, but it's definitely not the end of the world and life will go on.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-18-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

jillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB User

Quote:
EVERY MONTH!?

God, I don't think I can cope with this anymore, I'm a young woman, I want a healthy happy sex life, not to be stressed and depressed by this for the next few years.

I freakin hate myself. If I get this every month I don't think i'm going to cope.

Sooooo annoyed
Hi

Please don't hate yourself over something that isn't your fault. You are perfectly normal. The virus is just out there and I would not be surprised if all of us are carriers, just some of us get outbreaks.

I personally know people that had one initial outbreak and then did not have one ever again. Everyone is different. Herpes is usually very manageable without medication. I never took meds and stopped getting out breaks for years at a time. I'm still a carrier, of course.

It is the same virus that is in mouth cold sores, with a different name to denote the location, so if anyone is freaked by the fact that you have it, that person can just move on.

I take vitamin B complex daily because it feeds the nerves so they can relax, and stress makes outbreaks worse. I believe the virus is always around us and that it is stress that causes the inability of the body to ward it off. Viruses can be managed, esp if we build up the immune system. We can eat foods that have vitamins that nourish the skin and body.

I have used a vitamin A & D (both good for skin) ointment on fresh outbreaks and they were soothed and healed quickly. The longer you live you will realize that many things interrupt our sex lives that we need to work around. This is just one of the many. The more you relax about it and LOVE yourself just the way you are, the more your body will be able to fight it off.

Take care sweetie!

Last edited by jillian4; 03-18-2012 at 06:37 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jillian4 For This Useful Post:
WAgirl (09-13-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
(female)

unluckygirl21 HB User

Thanks for the supportive posts guys, I'm still devastated though.

I'm only 20, and literally am known as the biggest stresser most of my friends know, I just don't know how to chillout, and it's making me panic even more about returning outbreaks, ugh.

I really like this guy right now but I'm scared to even try to get his attention for fear of him freaking out if I ever had to tell him the truth.

Where can I get all these vitamins and such? I'm a poor student I can barely afford food let alone extras lol.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #9
(female)

babyjane30 HB Userbabyjane30 HB Userbabyjane30 HB User

Quote:
EVERY MONTH!?

Sooooo annoyed
Hey unlucky:

You know, I definitely know how you feel, but you need to understand, when you stress, it usually aggravates it worse and causes you to have outbreaks more. I was young too when I contracted it. 24, AND by a person who never told me they got it. Is it painful? Yes.. Do I like it? No. Am I upset by it? Yes. But the thing is, I can't change it, it is incurable, so I did the next best thing... I stopped feeling sorry for myself and got educated. I think maybe now you might need some tough love. Because you are young, your life is NOT over, you just have a big speedbump in the road. You can best believe that many people on this board were probably young also when we contracted this disease, but you need to realize A LOT of people have this disease and just because people don't have it, doesn't mean you won't find someone to be with you because you have it. I have been married and in long term relationships and none of the men I was with had herpes, and they knew I had it. I'm sure many other women or men could tell you the same thing. My husband now doesn't have herpes and we have been married for 3 years and we have unprotected sex. He is educated and it's a personal choice he made when he chose to love me and be with me. I've also had a child. She's 2. The reason why I tell you this is because I need you to understand that you need to keep your chin up. You have a lot of support on this board, so any time you are feeling down, come here and we will help pick your spirits back up. I've had some bad days, really bad days, but we fall down and get back up again. Talk to you soon. Jane.

The Following User Says Thank You to babyjane30 For This Useful Post:
unluckygirl21 (03-20-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

jillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB User

Quote:
Thanks for the supportive posts guys, I'm still devastated though.

I'm only 20, and literally am known as the biggest stresser most of my friends know, I just don't know how to chillout, and it's making me panic even more about returning outbreaks, ugh.

I really like this guy right now but I'm scared to even try to get his attention for fear of him freaking out if I ever had to tell him the truth.

Where can I get all these vitamins and such? I'm a poor student I can barely afford food let alone extras lol.
Hi

You can go to any health food store and ask for a knowledgeable person to help you get the best deal. And you can find inexpensive prices at online stores. Make sure they are reputable companies and brands. You can get recommendations for safe places to purchase at health food or organic foods stores, too.

Anybody that rejects you over herpes isn't worthy of you! You need to understand this. You have nothing to be ashamed of for having herpes.

Herpes is VERY common. It's just a virus that is out there. I am so sorry it is labeled a STD, since it is also spread orally and no one ever knows for a fact where or how they got herpes. Plenty of people are 'silent' carriers.

Really, honey, the first thing you need to do is get help with your anxiety. It's really bad for your health and it is a vicious cycle, because anxiety lowers your immune system and makes you more susceptible to outbreaks.

Try talking to the college counselor and see if there is a clinic or school nurse you can get help from.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #11
(male)

Truemper1964 HB User

Hi, has anyone tried honey on a genital,outbreak?

Old 09-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #12
(female)

AllandNothing HB UserAllandNothing HB User

Hi - I started reading here because I got a "cold sore" this week. That is the type of virus I have and have had since I was a little kid. Back then the "genital" type didn't exist so no one was embarrassed by it at all. It only because a "shameful" virus when it spread south, so to speak.

The thing is, I went through a year of having these every other month. So I gave up and went to the doctor to get meds. And of course, as soon as I paid for the meds (expensive and not covered on my insurance) the cold sores stopped and this is the first one I've had since.

I don't know, it might be crazy, but I swear mine are triggered by raw apples. I ate a raw apple the day before my breakout and it was the first apple I have had in years. The bigger point is that after a window of feeling like I was a walking cold sore, it has been years and years since I had one. Give yourself 6 months to sort of adjust, pay attention to your diet, stress levels (maybe try meditation) and figure our how your body will deal with this virus. Everyone is different. I'm not exaggerating when I say I went from every other month to it having been about 8 years since my last one. So don't anticipate the worst. It's annoying, but there's no set rules so you're just as likely to have your body settle down and go into a once a year thing as you are for it to be a continual battle. So start looking for ques and trying options. And you never know. So many have this virus, that guy you are interested in might too.

Closed Thread