It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

mscates HB User
spreading genital herpes to your own mouth?

Hello,

I was diagnosed with genital herpes 8 years ago now.

I understand that although my outbreaks are far and few between now, and in a lucky/not so lucky way I was blessed with having very severe pain in my spine and nervous system before an outbreak (which means I always know days before when it becomes active and can avoid sex) and I understand there is still a risk associated with sex with me which is why I always inform my partner and have safe sex. I haven't spread it to anyone doing this however, the new guy I am dating was curious about me having passed oral herpes to myself.

I never thought I did.

But I'd like some more information on this so we can be more educated and have a more clear understanding of the risks.

He's younger than I am and we are taking it slow, because I do not want to put him at risk for having herpes and we not end up together.

He was curious if I could have spread my genital herpes to my mouth at some point, and I don't blame him for asking.

The only thing I've had at all that resembled oral herpes was twice years ago .. but I didn't think it was herpes and I didn't go to the Dr for it.

It was a really strange thing which happened to my lips. They became super chapped and swollen and white in color and then seemed to crust over and flake off. I used blistex. There was nothing on the inside of my mouth, no other symptoms at all. This happened years ago, more than five years ago, like I said just twice and never had it happen again. I looked at photos of herpes on the mouth and it did not seem to look at all like what I experienced.

Also, can you have herpes outbreak on your hands.

Oh and the lips thing lasted for.. 3 days.. it just came on suddenly, then cleared up suddenly.

So even if it was oral herpes, which I have kissed a lot of men and none of them have ever had herpes because of it, would it be safe for me to kiss him.

Also, when we are intimate we are going to use the oral condoms and condoms so as not to infect him, but eventually we hope we can try without those things. .. in the future. Is this possible?

Thanks,

PS. I was with the same man for 8 years and he never received oral herpes from me and he has been tested many times.

Last edited by mscates; 03-18-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: spreading genital herpes to your own mouth?

Hello,
The only way you would/could have passed oral herpes onto yourself is if you touched yourself down yonder and then immediately touched your lips but even then it is a slight chance. I wouldn't worry much about it though.

In rare cases yes you can have it on your hands. If you are asking because he is unsure if he can touch you down there.. it is fine and safe since the skin on the hands are thick, the only time there is a slight chance is if there is an open cut on the hand.

It is a personal choice whether or not to use condoms and that is something you both will need to decided but remember the chance is always going to be there.

Has he been tested for herpes before? Many people that have it have no clue, if he hasn't been tested maybe he should just to be sure he doesn't already have it.

Closed Thread