It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #1
(female)

Stephys HB User
Red face will it ever stop itching??

I have been itchy since the beginning of this year. I am herpes positive. My anus and vagina itch. I have had bumps on my anus but not vagina. I haven't had a single breakout on my vagina but I get insanely itchy. It is bad it keeps me up at night and often wakes me up in the middle of the night. I can't touch the itch or it gets worse. I have spent many days with my hands in my pants scratching all day. Mostly just fiddiling with myself to get some relief from the itching, because I have rubbed myself raw from itching too much so I can no longer scratch. Anyway, to the point of this forum.. will the itching ever stop?? Or will I live with this for the rest of my life?? And is there any thing that can relieve it? I have been taking meds to prevent breakouts but its not helping the itch. The only solution I've found was warm baths. I have found my . self taking. Three baths in one day for relief. Thanks for any responses.
P.s. is it the herpes the reason for my itching?? Like, is it normal for herpes to itch this much??

Last edited by Stephys; 04-13-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: added something

The Following User Says Thank You to Stephys For This Useful Post:
jrlbabes4eva (07-09-2012)
Old 04-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: will it ever stop itching??

I haven't heard of it itching that much, but everyone is different. Do you think maybe you may be allergic to soap or detergent your using? Try using unscented items and see if that helps. I know that people take L-Lysine to help with herpes its a over the counter supplement, I am not sure if this will help with the itching but I would say it is worth a shot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
(female)

djonae HB User

I just had my first OB and it lasted forever until I went to see the doctor to see what was wrong with me. I finished taking an rx for acyclovir on 4/19/12 and was incredibly itchy, eventhough everything seemed healed. The itching is slowly going away but I'm taking supplements so I'm not sure if they are helping or my body is healing itself. I've woken up in the night itching myself and scratching/rubbing seems to irritate the itching sensation even more. I've found that if I drink any alcohol it intensifies the itching. I know I have some nerve damage down there that is slowly healing. I hope your itching goes away...

Old 04-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
(female)

luvstolaugh98 HB User

I have the same problem. I have tried several different herbs and pills trying to figure out what combination works the best. I started taking l-lysine, reishi mushroom, vitamin c, and ginseng to try and curb the itching. It works but only as long as I keep to a strict diet and take it several times a day (which I usually forget). I have some lidocain ointment that I use on the worst days that numbs the area so that I don't feel the need to itch. Vagisil cream works but not for very long and it takes a lot to get the same effect. Ice packs work great if your at home and can just sit still. I heard that the itching comes before the bumps and sores appear, but for some people the immune system is just strong enough to keep the virus at bay and not produce sores, but not strong enough to curb the itching. So there is continual itching. If that's the case (which I've found it to be true), you have to be careful what you eat, what you're exposed to, and what you wear. Caffeine, chocolate, nuts, whole grains, and processed foods are very bad for people with herpes so stay clear of those. High sun exposure is also bad. Don't use scented soaps and wear cotton underwear and loose clothing. Try to keep the area as clean and dry as possible (although I know that's difficult to do sometimes.) I've recently ordered H-Control which is supposed to be a really good supplement for herpes. It's really just trial and error I guess. Good luck.

Closed Thread

Tags
herpes, itching