It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
(female)

jules89 HB User
numbness

I got diagnosed about 3 weeks ago. the sores have been cleared up already for what feels like a long time. towards the end of the sores, I started developing numbness in my bum and thighs. my thighs were suuuuper sensitive to the touch. now the numbness has spread down to my feet. my legs aren't numb anymore but my bum vagina and feet are numb; the feet feel like pins and needles and sometimes it's very hard to stand. my vagina and anus have a very strange and numb sensation when I wipe after using the toilet.

a long with the numbness I ended up having a very bothersome issue after the sores were cleared up; urinary retention. aka I had a very full bladder and wasn't able to pee. I went to the hospital and had a catheter put in. the doctor's seemed truly baffled when I explained that I thought this was all because of the herpes. I knew it had to do with the nerves but there seemed to be no cure. I had to pee in the bath and eventually that stopped working so they gave me ativan to calm down my stresses and I've been able to pee normally since then. I called the nurses phone line and they didn't seem to think the numbness and herpes were connected at all. I feel alone and like no one understands... I feel helpless.

also... I find that I am VERY itchy mostly as I'm going to bed at night. I already treated what I thought was a yeast infection... I'm wondering if this this itchyness is related to herpes or not.

now my feet and vag and bum are still numb and I'm starting to worry they will never be normal again! does anyone have any tips or help or advice or anything? would be much appreciated!

Last edited by jules89; 04-27-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: numbness

Wow, this has been such a mess for you. Try not to stress as that can make things so much worse also bring on an outbreak.

I know some people will take benedryl for the itching and I know some take L-Lysine to help with outbreaks. If you can try taking oatmeal baths this could help with the itching.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
(female)

jules89 HB User

thanks very much! is L-lysine prescription or over the counter?

Old 04-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Sorry about that, it is an over the counter supplement found with the vitamins

The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post:
jules89 (04-28-2012)
Closed Thread