It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

Ladybandit08 HB User
Sick with recurrent outbreak?

Hi everyone,

I have had Genital Herpes for about 2 years now, my first outbreak was terrible, i had a high fever, swollen glands, muscle pain, and of course very painful sores down there. I was miserable..went to the dr and got valtrex, and in about 2 weeks was feeling better.

After that, I only had a couple of outbreaks , none were severe..painful down there but I did not feel sick, with a fever or anything like that and all would clear up in a weeks time.

Last friday I came down with an outbreak, my first in about a year...and it was awful, I had a high fever, throwing up, terrible headache with shaking chill attacks....It was kind of like the first outbreak...I am JUST now starting to feel better, and the outbreak has cleared up. Has anyone else gotten the flu like symptoms with a recurrent outbreak?? I am so afraid this is going to keep happening. I have really never felt so sick in my life. I have two small children to take care of ( my husband has been a saint! ) but I need to be able to care for them. Ive been miserable this whole week and very worried as to why it has been like this, they said after the first outbreak i wouldnt feel so sick again with other outbreaks.

thanks for any replies!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Sick with recurrent outbreak?

I am sorry that you have gotten it like that. Has your immune system been low? It is the only thing I can think of that may cause you to get that way again ( I can be wrong).

Do you take anything for it in the mean time? Or when you feel an OB coming on do you ask for a prescription to try and nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
(female)

mskmal HB User
Re: Sick with recurrent outbreak?

Hi,
I know exactly how you feel. When I had my first outbreak and did not know what it was, I was so very itchy and swollen down there and then went to doc and was dx. This was about a year and a half ago. Have not had one since. Until this past week. This one was worse than the first. I have flu like symptoms with it. It's almost over but I still feel very fluish but no fever. Just plain sick. I'm wondering how long the fluish like feelings last because mine is almost over. I put garlic on me and it sped the healing of the awful painful itchiness up. I so hope you feel better.

Closed Thread