It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
(female)

Paypay90 HB User
2 doctors saying different things about herpes

Ok so I have read many of the threads on here but a lot of it is confusing. Let me explain what has happened.
Back in may I had sex with a friend. First was protected and second time wasn't. 3 days later I got itching and redness along with clumps of whiteness which I believe was yeast. It was the worse one I had yet and I have them at least once a year. Went to obgyn and she prescribed me a vaginal gel to take for 5 nights. It was still there for awhile and the clumps were there. But the itching and redness went away.
6/8 friday my best friend finally told me she had herpes. I went and got tested. That Tuesday the doc stated that for type 1 I am negative for both igm and IGG. For type 2 I'm negative IGG positive igm. He said not to worry too much cause it could be a false positive. (I'm hearing this everywhere through threads).
Thursday I went to my obgyn for my annual pap and had the other doctor send over my test. I asked her if indeed I do have herpes. She shook her head yes but she said we can eradicate the virus before it gets any further or we can suppress it. I told her part of my yeast infection was still there. so she gave me a prescription for the yeast and then said she will give me 6 months of something to take everyday. Then we will test again then to see if anything happened. I have not got the 6 month prescription and I have no idea what she said it was called. I have to wait until Monday to get a straight answer though. Anyway I have no idea what I'm suppose to believe. We can eradicate it or suppress it. Do I have herpes or I dont? Which is it? Any help or advise would be great just to help me stop freaking out over this.

The following user gives a hug of support to Paypay90:
San Fran87 (06-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: 2 doctors saying different things about herpes

Hi,
Honestly the IgM should not be done anymore since it can detect if you have ever had chicken pox. Me personally would go with the IgG results this is the test I always recommend people to ask for as well as it is the most accurate.

Closed Thread