It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
(female)

lasertagging HB User
Please, please help me understand.

Hi everyone,

I really need help with this. I have a high HSV I/II IgG at 27.4, flagged at High.

I also have a poisitve HSV I/II IgG Interp and underneath that it reads HSV II IgG, Type Spec Negative. Lastly, HSV, IgM I/II Combination of 1.03, flagged High. (0.00-0.90, Equivocal: 0.91-1.09, and Positive: >1.09).

So, what does all of this mean. Do I have genital herpes or just hsv 1? Why is the 1.03 flagged High if it's in the "negative" range. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Please, please help me understand.

I am not sure of how to read the combined tests and the IgM is a waste. I suggest that you get the IgG herpes type specific blood test to find out which type you have as it looks like you are positive for one of them just by the high numeric value.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
(female)

lasertagging HB User

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I got an hsv II specific test that came back negative but it was only two months after the exposure to it. also, i was worried because the guy that has it, his sperm touched a spot on the outside of my vagina and occasionally like once every three months in that same spot i will get a bump/blister/really hard and firm thingy in that exact same spot. i heard that sperm cannot pass on the virus but i still get confused. it was only this one encounter. thanks!

Old 06-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Hello,
Yes, sperm will not transmit the virus. Do you have oral herpes? I am not sure if you do or not as it sounded a little like you were more concerned with HSV2. The only reason I ask is because if you do have oral your chances of getting genital are less (still possible but less) risky then someone that doesn't have HSV antibodies in their system.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
(female)

lasertagging HB User

i did not get tested for specifically hsv1 but i am sure that i have it because of the high number on the combined igg test. wow, i never knew that it would be much harder to get if i had hsv 1. was it too early for me to take the test only two months after the encounter or would it have at leats showm traces of it in the bloodwork, maybe equivocal? thanks so much again.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #6
(male)

owieher HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyz81 View Post
Hello,
Yes, sperm will not transmit the virus. Do you have oral herpes? I am not sure if you do or not as it sounded a little like you were more concerned with HSV2. The only reason I ask is because if you do have oral your chances of getting genital are less (still possible but less) risky then someone that doesn't have HSV antibodies in their system.
I've done some reading, but not too sure. My understanding is that an open blister can transmit the virus upon contact? This is when transmission rates are highest?

Like wise, even though there are no active blisters, one can still transmit the virus from skin to skin contact? I had thought body fluid exchange can cause herpes as well?

Last edited by owieher; 06-25-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by owieher View Post
I've done some reading, but not too sure. My understanding is that an open blister can transmit the virus upon contact? Yes secretions from open sores can This is when transmission rates are highest?Transmission rates are highest during an active outbreak but also right before an outbreak

Like wise, even though there are no active blisters, one can still transmit the virus from skin to skin contact? Yes this is true I had thought body fluid exchange can cause herpes as well?No, fluid such as semen or vaginal fluids do not carry the virus that is why condoms do not protect 100% from this virus. Since the boxer short area is not covered even when using a condom the virus can still be transmitted

Old 06-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
(female)

lasertagging HB User

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I still am a bit confused becasue the guy that was involved is truly asymptomatic and yet passed it on to another girl after they had unprotected sex. I never had full on unprotected sex and yet his sperm did drop outside of my vagina (in the pubic area). It's too much of a coincidence that I would get a bump exactly where the sperm fell. Still so confused........

Old 06-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

That does sound a bit odd.. but the condom doesn't protect fully. Any place that his genitals come into contact with yours, that is where the risk of transmission comes in. This virus is a confusing one for sure!

Closed Thread