It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
(female)

ReallyAFaerir HB User
Question Just found out boyfriend has genital herpes. I may be symptomatic. Help.

I know for certain he has it. Yes I snooped. He is on acyclovir daily for suppression. I have no idea if he takes it, I just know its prescribed, he has a concrete dx, and hasn't had an outbreak in a long time. However, when I asked about STD testing he lied and said he was clean. I haven't told him I know because....well I was totally unprepared for him to say everything was good at his Sept. check up and I don't know what to say since I was the one who dug it up.

I was stupid and had unprotected sex (vaginal and he performed oral) with him prior to my discovery for the first time on Wednesday and again Friday. I found out his secret shortly after. Friday I woke up with what felt like post sex irritation. (it had been a while)...itching. Now I'm up with severe itching, burning, and clitoral throbbing. Not an itch I want to scratch...its a deeper more irritating/painful itch. No blisters or sores. I also started antibiotics today for a sinus infection, but again this started before that. Oddly enough I take L-lysine daily for respiratory reasons. My immune system is already down (cold and sinus stuff) and I had an extraordinarily stressful week (car broke down).

Is this how symptoms start? Does this sound like herpes? How do him I know? If this is not herpes, can I prevent it? I'm in a real mess.

*update* I just examined myself and don't see blisters or red areas. I also don't see yeast. I thought maybe I felt a few areas of fluid under the skin (like sub q blisters that I can't see yet) but I'm looking reeeeeally hard now and who knows what I'm seeing. I'm not swollen. I am extremely dry, itchy, and have a slight burning/throbbing.

Last edited by ReallyAFaerir; 06-24-2012 at 01:55 AM. Reason: physical exam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Just found out boyfriend has genital herpes. I may be symptomatic. Help.

Hi,
I do have a question.. does his prescription say for suppressive therapy? Also, since you were snooping.. it is hard for you to be sure he has genital herpes or oral (either way he should have disclosed this to you when you asked him). I was going to say also, if his medication does not say for suppressive therapy and i suppose depending on how many pills maybe he could have had shingles and just kept the prescription.

A weakened immune system and stress can bring on an outbreak but right now I think you are fine. I am not sure where you found the medication, but this is really something you need to speak to him about. You can bring it up again just tell him your feeling funny down below and you just really need to be sure he is "clean" you should/could ask to see his test results from when he was tested (although this may come across a bit harsh).

I hope all goes well.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
(female)

ReallyAFaerir HB User
Unhappy Re: Just found out boyfriend has genital herpes. I may be symptomatic. Help.

He is on acyclovir daily for genital herpes, diagnosed 10 years ago. He refilled it a couple weeks ago with a year of refills. He still hasn't told me and I've given him every opportunity, even tried making up a story about a friend and being supportive. Said I'd rather know a painful truth than not know, that he can tell me anything, reminded him I'm clean, the whole 9. He flat out lied again and said at his fall physical he was clean. He never had a physical or bloodwork or testing of any kind. All the while he's telling me I can tell him anything and he's here for me. Honestly...herpes isn't the relationship ender here. I wouldn't have left over it. The lies and jeopardizeing my health is unforgiveable.. And now I'm sneaking around snooping too. I hate this.

The good news is I apparently just have a horrible yeast infection. I never blistered and have clear yeast colonization internally and externally. Diflucan helped a bit, as have garlic and yogurt cultures. I've had bad ones before, esp w antibiotics.

I will still get tested and watch. I was only exposed 5 days ago so I'm still really scared. I'm embarassed. I'm angry. And I really liked this guy a lot, and adore his son. I wasn't expecting this or that it would have to end. I can't trust him again.

Closed Thread