It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
(female)

jessiekay6 HB User
Someone please help me...

Sorry in advance for being graphic.
So I just received a phone call from the dr from a visit last week to check up, and I was diagnosed as having HSV2. I went in because after starting to see someone new, I noticed that my clitoris was really sore, and upon doing my own examination, I had what looked like a canker sore, and it was a little bit tender, ONLY on my clitoris. Well when I went into the dr, he told me it didnt look like herpes, no multiple sores, no extreme pain,no blisters, even my dr said it just looked like an abrasion like you get when you fall down and skin your knee. He did a culture just in case, and when the nurse called me today, she sounded shocked to tell me of my diagnosis.
Shocked isnt even the word I can use to describe what Im feeling. Im 25, Ive been with 6 guys... only 3 unprotected & not even this new guy yet. Ive only had 2 partners this year, one was unprotected vaginal and the other was unprotected oral. The one vaginal was back in February, and then the sore appeared about 3 weeks after the current guy Im seeing (its only been 2 months) performed oral sex on me for the first time. He even knew I went to the dr and I joked around with him saying "God I almsot killed you I thought you gave me herpes."

Im going back to the dr in an hour and a half to talk to him about this disease. I am absolutely beside myself. I dont know what to do, how to tell him, or the other guy (my ex I was with on and off for 7 years) and how this is going to effect me for the rest of my life.

Please someone shed some light on this, I dont know what to do! I want to crawl into a hole and just lay there. Im successful, I manage a cell phone store for a pretty big carrier, I have my own place, and Im a great catch for the right guy, but who in their right mind is going to want me now?! PLUS the guy that i am seeing called me right after I got the news, and I wasnt going to tell him over the phone or until I talked to the doctor. But I know I need to.

Please...please, help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Someone please help me...

First your life is not over because of this and for the right guy you are still a great catch! It is hard to say where you had gotten the virus from as it can lay dormant in your system for years and it also could have been a recent infection.

It will help if you try to stay positive when talking to your partner and your ex. Just be honest and let them know you when to the doc and you tested positive and just ask that they be tested as well. I wonder if your current partner has oral herpes, if he gets cold sores it is possible he is the one that gave it to you but with this virus there is no use in pointing fingers because the virus can lay dormant for so long.

I hope this helped a little bit.

Closed Thread