It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

penny0773 HB User
Very confused, Lots of questions

I am almost 20 years old and was just diagnosed with herpes. Ive cried for the past 6 days due to pain and exhuastion, the last 3 days due to finding out the source of the pain. Ive been with my current boyfriend who I love very much officially for 5 months now, but we hung out and messed around for 5 months before that. I have been checked multiple times in the past 3ish years, every time I had gone to the gynocologist. Always negative. I was always checked because my previous boyfriends had always cheated on me. My current boyfriend has never been checked but never had any signs of having the virus. BUT he gets cold sores around his mouth more frequently then anyone else I know. I dont rememeber if he ever preformed oral on me while having these or not but Ive kissed him while having them and Ive only had maybe 2 cold sores in my life time, 1 being in the winter during our relationship. We have constant unprotected sex and he finishes in me every time (stupid Im aware) but I am 90% sure I am unable to have children- due to constant unprotected sex with my current ex of 2 years who finished in me every time as well and Ive never been pregnant (again, im aware this is stupid) maybe its just dumb luck that im not pregnant but maybe I just cannot have children. (pretty rare if both the guys ive dated are sterile?) Anyway, I did do a bad thing and cheat on my current boyfriend with one of my exs 1 time during a rough patch we had. (IVE FELT GUILTY EVER SINCE) but I couldnt bare to lose him or break his heart so I dont have the heart to tell him. If I had contracted the disease from the cheating 3ish months ago, dont you think I would have had my first outbreak before now? Could my current boyfriend have the virus and just never had an outbreak? If he didnt have the virus and I was the one who in fact contracted the virus first, and weve have CONSTANT unprotected sex for the last 10ish months, especially since my cheating is there anyway he STILL has not contracted the virus?

PLEASE HELP ME.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Very confused, Lots of questions

Hi,
I am sorry you are going through this. Did you find out you had herpes because of a blood test or did you have sores that prompted you to go to the doc? I am asking because it is apparent that you both already have oral herpes. If you also have it below did your test say you were positive for both HSV1 and HSV2?

Just curious if you ensure you were tested for Herpes in the past as I know it is not typically part of the routine STD panel of tests unless you ask specifically for it.

At this point you should ask your boyfriend to get tested to see if he carries both strands.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
(female)

penny0773 HB User

Thank you, but I have not done my blood test yet. The bumps are what led me to go to the doctor. I have my blood test soon and yes he is getting tested very soon as well. Im aware herpes isnt typically in the routine STDs to test for but Im almost positive she had tested for it in the past & if I did have it before dont you think I would have broken out before now? Im sorry I ask so many questions, Im just trying to figure out how or when this happened.. Do you think it was from my cheating(that guy gets around/he was one of my 2 serious exs)? Or maybe my boyfriend has it and doesnt know? Or maybe just from the cold sores? If it wasnt from my current boyfriend is there ANY way he STILL has not contrcted the virus from me?

Old 07-16-2012, 05:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny0773 View Post
Thank you, but I have not done my blood test yet. The bumps are what led me to go to the doctor. I have my blood test soon and yes he is getting tested very soon as well. Im aware herpes isnt typically in the routine STDs to test for but Im almost positive she had tested for it in the past & if I did have it before dont you think I would have broken out before now?No, some people have it for years and never have an outbreak. Also, some people confuse it with yeast infections or jock itches. An estimated 80% of people that have genital herpes do not know they have it. Im sorry I ask so many questions, Im just trying to figure out how or when this happened.. Do you think it was from my cheating(that guy gets around/he was one of my 2 serious exs)? Could beOr maybe my boyfriend has it and doesnt know?Could be Or maybe just from the cold sores? This could also be the caseIf it wasnt from my current boyfriend is there ANY way he STILL has not contrcted the virus from me?Yes, just because someone is with someone that has a virus it doesn't guarantee they will get it.
This virus is very tricky that is why it is hard to say where the virus came from since everyone doesn't get the text book symptoms.

Closed Thread

Tags
boyfriend, first outbreak, herpes, questions, unable to conceive