It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
(female)

shondabby HB User
Unhappy I'm so confused... Please someone help

Okay I really don't understand this and its really bothering me..almost 2 months
ago I think my boyfriend had a cold sore and this was before I even knew cold sores were a form of herpes, he went down on me and I had this terrible outbreak down there and I went to my doctor and they took a swab and sent it off to get cultured when the results came back they said it was herpes type 1 on my genitals now I understand that because its down there its less serious and vice versa for type 2 but how would he have gotten it? because I've been trying to find out who had given it to him because I'm very very upset about this I was thinking that herpes is a disease in the body similar to a disease like shingles everyone gets it but it can be spread and become more serious. I just want to know how could he possibly have gotten it because if I have type 1 wouldn't my boyfriend have a bunch of sores on his mouth? since type 1 prefers the face more than the genitals. Could he have gotten it from kissing a girl? Or going down on her?

Last edited by shondabby; 07-13-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: I'm so confused...Please someone help

Hello,
Many people have oral herpes and they get it as kids from parents and grandparents giving them kisses. Many people that carry the virus do not always have outbreaks. So he could have most likely gotten it from when he was younger as a child or from kissing someone. The chances of him getting type 1 from going down on someone although possible it is unlikely in my opinion.

The following user gives a hug of support to angeleyz81:
shondabby (07-13-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post:
shondabby (07-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
(female)

shondabby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyz81 View Post
Hello,
Many people have oral herpes and they get it as kids from parents and grandparents giving them kisses. Many people that carry the virus do not always have outbreaks. So he could have most likely gotten it from when he was younger as a child or from kissing someone. The chances of him getting type 1 from going down on someone although possible it is unlikely in my opinion.
Yea see thats where I get confused I have type 1 down there because he went down on me and he said he got a blood test done like earlier last year I've been trying to get him to get another one since it takes at least 6 months to get in the blood stream, when I went to the doctor they said it wasn't in my blood yet so it was very recent. :/

Old 07-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Did his blood test come back positive last time he had it done? It very well could be recent for you even if he has had it for a while. He didn't need to have an active sore to pass it onto you. With this virus there is something called asymptomatic shedding which is where the virus is active but the person that has it has no signs or symptoms that they are shedding the virus.

I hope that helped a bit

Old 07-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
(female)

shondabby HB User

He said he didn't have anything, but ever since January he messed with these 2 hoes , went down on 1 and only kissed the other then I ended up with it recently and I've known him for almost 2 years now and just recently got it.

Closed Thread