It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Worrier2012 HB UserWorrier2012 HB User
Herpes, HPV, What?

Right here's the deal, so a few months ago about 5/6 now I had a one night stand with someone. It was very hazy and have regretted it since. However I remember seeing something on the guy's lip I cannot make it out. I was very drunk and it was a black out. I worried weeks after when I noticed my lips tingling in various places and around my mouth... I then began buying things for herpes and applying. I had no outbreak at all. Went to doctors who said if I had herpes i would have had an outbreak by now... I had nothing, he wanted to do a test for vitamin deficiencies. I didn't turn up but I plan to go again. I recently out of nowhere had a bump that grow on a part of my lip and was itchy but then it was slightly small and I bought some aclyclovir cream and it diseapeared and decreased in size within 4 hours. I went to bed and by the nex day it was practically gone. It tingles a bit but my whole lip does as usual so I now think it is herpes. That plus I had twitching on the left side of my body all last week as well and I hear that's an aspect of having Herpes. It got annoying at one point. I want to go to a doctor, but I can't as I had changed doctors and my current one is in a different city so I have to wait till I am free to go all the way back up to that city. I am stressed because I think I have Herpes and keep wondering when an outbreak will happen now. Its constant tingles. I dont know if I have it or not! Its driving me crazy. My lips tingle and around my mouth a lot.... sometimes itchy, sometimes tingly, sometimes burning and it varies in location, can be quite generalized. Im so stressed and dont know if I have Herpes but I do have all the herpes cream in place ready for an outbreak.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Herpes, HPV, What?

Hello,
It is possible that the bump you treated was the beginning of an outbreak. Also, if you do have it , could be possible it has been in your system for sometime but coming out now because of all the stress. It could also be likely that you did get it from the kiss. Your best bet would be to wait until your able to get to your doctor and ask for the IgG herpes type specific blood test.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:36 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Worrier2012 HB UserWorrier2012 HB User

Hmm, so how come it went away so quickly and never returned. It had seemed to start to go down before i applied the cream. If i do have it can i prevent outbreaks, im going for a health screening tomorrow and Thursday so am very anxious eek!

Old 07-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

You can take suppressive therapy to minimize the risk of outbreaks but I wouldn't worry too much about this until you find out for sure if you have it or not. Try not to stress.

Closed Thread