It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

helpxxme HB User
Unhappy Help

so i'm a 18 year old female. have a boyfriend of 2 years. love him dearly, and would never cheat on him. i believe the same for him with me. but we did break up for a month. (long story). anyways. about 8 months after we got back together, i started having problems you know...down there. well. i got a yeast infection. it went away. than i was stupid and was drunk, on my period and forgot i had a tampon in and put another in on top. the first one stayed in for about a week and i had BV. well. cured that. after that it was just problem after problem. i went to my regular doctor TWICE for yeast infections and UTI's. never had a yeast infection, but had a UTI once. itching, burning, burning during urination. but its all on the outside. can't see anything. and it never seemed to go away. the second time no UTI. so went to my GYNO few times. I also called and got past test results. found out they didnt automatically test for herpes. that ****** ME OFF! they didnt see anything and said she didnt think it was herpes but since i didnt have lesions to test from couldnt do anything and actually said i shouldnt bother with a herpes blood test. i could never see anything. and one time the obgyn gave me some steroid topical cream for irritaion. it worked at first, than just started to burn when i put it on so i stopped using it. i stopped going to the doctor because i figured they couldnt help me. well its still here but its not as bothersome. i cant tell whats normal down there anymore honestly even though it looks the same everyday. another weird thing...it itches when im like just walking around in a bathrobe, no underwear. but the moment i put underwear on, its better? idk. IDK. im going crazy. i have a two year relationship that i would hate to fall apart because of this. someone give me an opinon? im goin back to the gyno tomorrow for birth control..but someone please help. i also might add, my bf has never had signs or symptoms...ever.

Last edited by helpxxme; 07-17-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Help

I would tell your doctor that you would like to have the IgG herpes type specific blood test done. Herpes can mimic a yeast infection, so this may be what you have or it may not. There is no reason they can't give you the blood test, I would just be firm with it since you are the patient.

Closed Thread