It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
(male)

djon750 HB User
Unhappy My antibody level is just above normal

Dear community, on July 6th I decided to have an adventure with a sex worker and during the act the condom broke, I believe I noticed it about 30 seconds later but I really cannot know. I asked her about her health status and she said she felt good and never had any problems, though her last test was 2 years ago. Right after that I started to freak out and think that I have caught something so on the 10th day after the sexual intercourse I got a STD panel test and on the 17th day I got a HIV DNA (pcr) test.
The STD panel showed that I was negative for HIV (which just shows me I had not been infected from my previous sex activities), Syphilis, and Chlamydia, but it came up positive for Herpes 1 and 2 for my surprise because I never had any reactions or symptoms that could make me think I had such diseases. No need to say it upset me so much because 95% of my sexual encounters I wore protection, and the ones I did not was with people that had certain time with. Now I am feeling like I am dirty inside and that any time I will have a breakout. In addition to that I am still waiting on the HIV DNA test results (very anxious).
Please I need some words of wisdom: My Igg antibodies against HSV 1 were 1.5 and HSV 2 were 1.2 (normal 1.1 or below). Based on what I read, I could be considered an inconclusive case or a low positive. Can someone tell me something about this particular case, like: 1- What am I infected or potentially infected but need a confirmation? 2- Can I know I caught these viruses from that night on July 6th? 3- If I show no symptoms (blisters) can I still infect someone?
PS: All those questions I asked my health provider (a NP) her answers: 1- You are infected, 2- Is hard to say, 3- Yes...However, I decided to tell what happened to the last girl I had sex after July 6th (used protection but the oral part not) and she looked for a doctor and the doctor asked her if she had any symptoms or if I presented any symptom, which was know for both cases so he said that my blood test does not really say a lot bc Ab against HSV almost 50 to 80% of population have and that the only way to tell is if he gets a sample of the blisters, moreover that if the region was clean, I probably did not infect her.
Now after her visit to a doctor I really got confused...Can someone help me clarify things?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: My antibody level is just above normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by djon750 View Post
Please I need some words of wisdom: My Igg antibodies against HSV 1 were 1.5 and HSV 2 were 1.2 (normal 1.1 or below). Based on what I read, I could be considered an inconclusive case or a low positive. Can someone tell me something about this particular case, like: 1- What am I infected or potentially infected but need a confirmation?It is a low positive which means you do have it, but 3 out of 100 can be false positives so I suggest getting retested in a few months 2- Can I know I caught these viruses from that night on July 6th?It is hard to say but could be likely since low positives normally mean recent infections.. have you had sex with anyone else within the past few months? If yes, you could have gotten it from them as well 3- If I show no symptoms (blisters) can I still infect someone?Yes, you do not need to show signs or symptoms to transmit the virus.
PS: All those questions I asked my health provider (a NP) her answers: 1- You are infected, 2- Is hard to say, 3- Yes...However, I decided to tell what happened to the last girl I had sex after July 6th (used protection but the oral part not) and she looked for a doctor and the doctor asked her if she had any symptoms or if I presented any symptom, which was know for both cases so he said that my blood test does not really say a lot bc Ab against HSV almost 50 to 80% of population have and that the only way to tell is if he gets a sample of the blisters, moreover that if the region was clean, I probably did not infect her.This is not true, that doctor sounds like the uneducated type about the virus which unfortunately many are
Now after her visit to a doctor I really got confused...Can someone help me clarify things?

Last edited by angeleyz81; 07-24-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Closed Thread