It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
(female)

xoxogawxoxo HB User
Genital HSV1 Questions about Transmission

Hi, I just found out this week that I have Genital HSV1 (Type 1). I have been reading many articles and realize that this is a positive thing because HSV1 genitally tends to be less severe than GHSV2. However, my main concern is how likely I am to pass this onto partners (I had just ended things with the guy who gave me this right before I found out I had it...bad timing).

1. During my genital HSV1 outbreak, can I pass this by kissing or by performing oral sex on someone? Since GHSV1 is less common, I have a hard time figuring out how it is passed on. I know during a genital OB, all contact down there needs to be avoided.

2. During asymptomatic shedding, am I only shedding genitally since that is where I was infected with HSV1? Or will I be shedding orally too? I just want to know for when I talk to future partners in what ways we need to be careful.

Thank you! If any clarification is needed, please let me know.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Genital HSV1 Questions about Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxogawxoxo View Post
Hi, I just found out this week that I have Genital HSV1 (Type 1). I have been reading many articles and realize that this is a positive thing because HSV1 genitally tends to be less severe than GHSV2. However, my main concern is how likely I am to pass this onto partners (I had just ended things with the guy who gave me this right before I found out I had it...bad timing).

1. During my genital HSV1 outbreak, can I pass this by kissing or by performing oral sex on someone? Since GHSV1 is less common, I have a hard time figuring out how it is passed on. I know during a genital OB, all contact down there needs to be avoided.If you have this genitally you have no worries about your mouth so you are able to kiss or perform oral even if you are having an outbreak below. Yes, during an outbreak contact down there should be avoided since that is when transmission is highest not to mention it may be uncomfortable since you may be sore.

2. During asymptomatic shedding, am I only shedding genitally since that is where I was infected with HSV1? Or will I be shedding orally too? I just want to know for when I talk to future partners in what ways we need to be careful.You will only be shedding genitally. Also this is transmitted from skin to skin contact even when there are no signs or symptoms of an outbreak.

Thank you! If any clarification is needed, please let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
genital herpes, herpes, herpes dating, herpes type 1, hsv-1 genital