It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
(female)

Alwaysworried8 HB User
Genital herpes and swollen lymph nodes?? PLEASE HELP....

Okay so this is my second outbreak ever
I have genital hsv1
My first outbreak was may 2011
I'm noticing a hard on my groin.. (I think ) and a little painful when I press..
I don't know if I had this my first outbreak because I never really knew what lymphnodes were until I did research..
I also have one on the left side of my neck that is about the size of a dime or smaller and moveable and painless
Is this normal???? I'm VERY TERRIFIED... Does this mean something bad?? I've been with the same person for two years but this is really scaring me..

My outbreakdoesnt scare me it's the lymphnodes
I'm kind of a hypochondriac and stress ALOT with ALOT of anxiety and I'm surprised I've only had two outbreaks with the amount of stress I have....

Last edited by Alwaysworried8; 07-28-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Ps I don't take any medicine I ran out of valtrex a long long time ago and plan on getting it Monday how much should I take

Old 07-28-2012, 04:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Genital herpes and swollen lymph nodes?? PLEASE HELP....

Swollen lymph nodes/glands are normal when it comes to this virus and an outbreak. So try not to stress about it. After you get the medication and if they don't go down/away after your OB is over and your still concerned I suggest going to a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
(female)

Marshacutie HB User
Re: Genital herpes and swollen lymph nodes?? PLEASE HELP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysworried8 View Post
Okay so this is my second outbreak ever
I have genital hsv1
My first outbreak was may 2011
I'm noticing a hard on my groin.. (I think ) and a little painful when I press..
I don't know if I had this my first outbreak because I never really knew what lymphnodes were until I did research..
I also have one on the left side of my neck that is about the size of a dime or smaller and moveable and painless
Is this normal???? I'm VERY TERRIFIED... Does this mean something bad?? I've been with the same person for two years but this is really scaring me..

My outbreakdoesnt scare me it's the lymphnodes
I'm kind of a hypochondriac and stress ALOT with ALOT of anxiety and I'm surprised I've only had two outbreaks with the amount of stress I have....
Your lymph nodes can swell for the first few outbreaks...If concerned go to your doctor. It can be very scary to feel lumps and bumps everywhere but you are most likely fine. My friend takes 1000 mg Valtrex during an active outbreak.

Closed Thread