It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
(female)

joker0128 HB User
wondering if I will get herpes

Hi. My friend who is male has genital herpes. He at least told me that. We have a connection and I want to be with him. Last week we kissed. I asked him how long ago since his last outbreak. He said he was having one at the moment. He doesn't have it on his penis, he said it was further down, I didn't ask, so I am assuming anus area or inner thighs?? Anyway, I should have asked i guess. We continued kissing and we got caught up in the moment. We had unprotected Oral, Vaginal and Anal, he never had an orgasm, he said he didn't have protection and he didn't want me to catch it..because it is very painful. I had already researched it and told him I was still willing to because I love him and just because he gets it bad doesn't necessarily mean I will. But my question is, if he doesn't have the herpes on his penis and that was all I touched (because he still had his shorts on), will I still have a chance of it showing up soon? If so, will it still take another week or so before I get any symptoms? I was also just finishing that time of month for me, which my compound the issue. I can't find any definite answer to that..if it is not on his penis is it less likely to get it.
Thanks!

Old 07-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: wondering if I will get herpes

Hello,
The virus doesn't have to be appear on the penis to get it. Yes, the active sores will definitely have a higher risk of transmission and having sex while one is having an outbreak puts you at the highest risk because that is when the risk of transmission is the highest. Him finishing doesn't matter because the virus is spread from skin to skin contact and not through semen or vaginal fluids.

If you do not show any signs or symptoms in 4 months I suggest you get tested with the IgG herpes type specific blood test by that time your body should have had enough time to build up the anti bodies to be detected in the blood if you do have it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread