It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
(female)

1308 HB User
could the doctor be wrong??

On wens i was in such agnony my vagina hurt so badly that i could not walk. So then i booked a doctors appointment and you know what? the doctor was so useless! she didnt even look down there and just diagnosed me with thrush and told me to go get checked out.

So i just went home and took the thrush tablet. Next day i was still in so much pain !! So i then again booked another docs appointment. She had a look at it and said its a cyst and straight away booked me to go see a Gynecologist. He looked at it and said it looks like herpes around the cyst But also said it could be a infection which looks similar.

So then i went to a walking clinic with all my info. A different doctor had a look at it and said ' yes i can defo tell u its herpes type 1' He diagnosed me with out even taking a bloody test ! Im so angry so i said to the nurse when the results come back it will unlikey be negative. I really dont believe that i have herpes. First of all the people i have slept with have never had such sort of thing and they got tested so i am so confused !

I just hope on thurs it comes back negative i am so worried

Has anyone ever been misdiagnosed with herpes and any advice???

Old 08-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
(female)

SarahXO HB User
Re: could the doctor be wrong??

to be honest that DOES sound like herpes. 1 in 3 people have it, and most don't even know because some people can go through their whole life without even having ONE outbreak or not having them for years after being infected with it. It is a virus in the blood, and even if a person is tested, the doctor can really only know for sure if it's herpes if they swab the actual outbreak. so to know for sure, the person has to be tested WHILE having an outbreak.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1308 View Post
On wens i was in such agnony my vagina hurt so badly that i could not walk. So then i booked a doctors appointment and you know what? the doctor was so useless! she didnt even look down there and just diagnosed me with thrush and told me to go get checked out.

So i just went home and took the thrush tablet. Next day i was still in so much pain !! So i then again booked another docs appointment. She had a look at it and said its a cyst and straight away booked me to go see a Gynecologist. He looked at it and said it looks like herpes around the cyst But also said it could be a infection which looks similar.

So then i went to a walking clinic with all my info. A different doctor had a look at it and said ' yes i can defo tell u its herpes type 1' He diagnosed me with out even taking a bloody test ! Im so angry so i said to the nurse when the results come back it will unlikey be negative. I really dont believe that i have herpes. First of all the people i have slept with have never had such sort of thing and they got tested so i am so confused !

I just hope on thurs it comes back negative i am so worried

Has anyone ever been misdiagnosed with herpes and any advice???
Hi,
It does sound like herpes, but I am confused which test did they do? If you had a swab/culture done of the sore and it was not done within 24-28hrs of appearing there is a good chance you will get a false negative. You should ask for the IgG herpes type specific blood test.

As for your partners being tested, if they had the routine STD panel almost all of the time it does not including testing for herpes , it is normally something you have to ask for. Also, an estimated 80% of people with genital herpes do not even know they have it so it is possible one of your partners may have had it and not known.

If you have the virus it is not the end of the world, I hope you feel better.

For the pain, you may want to try oatmeal baths, no panties to try to keep the area dry, if it stings while you tinkle you should get a spray bottle with water and spray as you go it helps with the sting.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
(female)

1308 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyz81 View Post
Hi,
It does sound like herpes, but I am confused which test did they do? If you had a swab/culture done of the sore and it was not done within 24-28hrs of appearing there is a good chance you will get a false negative. You should ask for the IgG herpes type specific blood test.

As for your partners being tested, if they had the routine STD panel almost all of the time it does not including testing for herpes , it is normally something you have to ask for. Also, an estimated 80% of people with genital herpes do not even know they have it so it is possible one of your partners may have had it and not known.

If you have the virus it is not the end of the world, I hope you feel better.

For the pain, you may want to try oatmeal baths, no panties to try to keep the area dry, if it stings while you tinkle you should get a spray bottle with water and spray as you go it helps with the sting.

Thank you for replying. Yes on the friday when i went to see the doctor they did a swab test but i dont think it was for herpies but they said it could be so they gave me the meds. Then when i went in yday the doctor said yes it looks like herpies to me and then took another swab test.

Im just really worried is type one very bad and can it come back?? could there stil be a chance of just being a baterial infection because ive bee told they are similar.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #5
(female)

1308 HB User

oh okay

well thank you for your reply

Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Hello,
If it is type one ( I am not sure how a doctor could visually diagnose that one) but the outbreaks for that one seem to me less than that of hsv2.

If you do have the virus the best thing to do is keep stress levels down and immune system up.

The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post:
1308 (08-07-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
(female)

1308 HB User
Unhappy Re: could the doctor be wrong??

Quote:
Hello,
If it is type one ( I am not sure how a doctor could visually diagnose that one) but the outbreaks for that one seem to me less than that of hsv2.

If you do have the virus the best thing to do is keep stress levels down and immune system up.
i know thats to why i dont understand how he can visually diagnose me with it. I really want the test to come back negative or il just go back to a different doctor. He just didnt seem to interested and just wanted to get me out the way thats what it felt like. He said ' yes my bet is on its herpies type 1. I think its just infection as it look similar to herpies.

I just dont know how id cope with it if it comes back postive. Feel like my sex life will be over

Old 08-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Awe, some doctors really should be in another profession not sure why they decided to go into a field to interact with people then they don't know how to act.

As for if you have it, your sex life would not be over and you could still go on to live a happy normal life. If you have a chance you should read the "happy couples" thread on the top of this board.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #9
(female)

1308 HB User

Quote:
Hello,

ii went back to the clinic and he said i have had type 1 herpies. My bf said its not that serious as type 2 herpes. I don't know much information about it will it come back ad will it effect my future? Doctor didnt really have a chat with me he just said its so much better now.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:55 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Type 1 and 2 are pretty much the same only thing is type 1 typically has less outbreaks and lower transmission rate.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #11
(female)

1308 HB User

Quote:
Type 1 and 2 are pretty much the same only thing is type 1 typically has less outbreaks and lower transmission rate.
Thank you for answering my questions. Ive just got so many questions now i really dont know were to start. He did not do a blood test so im stil confused how they could stil diagnose me with it? however they did take a bloodtest today. But i think i may just get tested again later in the months just incase he was not accurate. Doctor didnt look like he cared at all.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

That is good that they did a blood test at least then you will be able to find out which type it really is, like I had mentioned before I have no clue how someone can visually diagnose type 1 or type 2 that is beyond me.

This board is perfect for questions or venting

Old 08-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #13
(female)

Jessielou HB UserJessielou HB User

Hi hope your ok
Keep us informed with your results....I am at the same stage as you just waiting for results doctors tell you different things. If I have herpes mine came up within about 7 hours of having unprotected sex after a 2 and a half year break, my own fault though should have used a durex, now I am spending my weekend evenings in preaching safe sex to my daughter of 22 and all her friends

Closed Thread