It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
(male)

EHeaven HB User
Development of antibodies

I tested negative after 10 weeks for both types of herpes.
Most of the reading I've done suggests the time to be tested is between 12-16 weeks for a conclusive result.
The morning after I had unprotected I had all the symptoms. A fever, swollen lymph nodes, and about 4-5 ulcers similar to very bad chaffing (what I though it was at the time). I had a negative swab but it was a little over a week after the initial OB. I had one OB between my first and the blood test, significantly better but obvious none the less. I'm sure I have herpes. What's really worrying me is how long it's taking my body to seroconvert. Is it possible I have a weak immune system? Do most healthy individuals have detectable antibodies after 10 weeks?
I haven't been sick (even the sniffles) in a year plus (with the exception of the day fever after contracting herpes). I recovered after the first OB in less than 2 weeks, and the second one in 3 days. My body seems be handling it quite well, but I don't have a positive result yet! I'm extremely worried at the possibility of having contracted HIV in the process and its slowing my seroconversion time for both. Can anyone shed some light on their interaction? I tested negative for HIV at the same time as the herpes.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Development of antibodies

I suggest that you retest but wait until at least the 4 month mark, as you noted it can take up to that long for the antibodies to be detected in the blood, I do not think this has anything to do with a weak immune system but just how the body works and how everyone's is different.

If you do have another outbreak you can try getting it swabbed within 24-48 hrs if it comes out positive you'll know for sure that you have it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread