It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
(female)

plevant HB User
HELP! Not sure if I am having symptoms of recurrence?

Hi! This is my first post...wish I had found this site earlier..

Well, I am visiting a boyfriend out of town..and not sure if I am having prodromal symptoms and wanted advice...

Firstly, my history..have known I have herpes for 12 years, but only had 3 outbreaks one of them being about a month ago...took Vancyclovir 2000mg per day for 7 days and seemed clear..

Been taking Vancyclovir 500mg since last Thursday as I expect to be sexually active and wanted to reduce any asymptomatic viral load if there was any..
Around Sunday/early Monday experienced some vaginal itching...I have never had sores on my vagina, but rather around my rectum...(last month, when I went to the doctor, I did not even have a lesion, but just a crack in the tissue around my rectum...it was painful though)..I had some anal pain (also have Irritable Bowel and my stomach had been upset) so thought it might be hemorrhoid/pre-hemorrhoid...so on went the Prep H..lol...also, felt a little flu-like after traveling yesterday, but zinc and rest helped that...
Seemed to be better..no pain on urinating or defecating... still no redless or lesions today, but off and on itching...no tingling (never really understood what that means) and when I just put on some more Prep H, when I press hard on the sides of my rectum it feels a little sore...

So, I will not see my guy till tomorrow..and am wondering does this sound prodromal? I know the prodrome is usually between 30 min-3 days before lesions...but I wonder if taking the Vancyclovir is staving it off? Just don't want to put him at risk, yet will not seem him again for months, so don't want to worry about it if it is nothing...

If anyone has any words of wisdom or advice/knowledge it would be very appreciated...Thank you guys...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: HELP! Not sure if I am having symptoms of recurrence?

Hi,
It is hard to say there are many factors to vaginal itching, for example if you shave or changed soaps , tight clothes and friction. I would like to assume the medication is doings its job and keeping you from having an outbreak but it is hard to know if this is the start. I would think if it was an outbreak it maybe would have started already.

Sorry I can't be of much help. I hope all goes well

Closed Thread