It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
(male)

manwithherpes HB User
Waiting for diagnosis

Hi All,

First off: I gave gotten HSV1 and HSV2 blood screens run - I am waiting for results, which should be in by 8/25. I will update when I get results.

Some background on my skin. I am 31 and have bad acne on my face and constant small red bumps all over my thighs - some are hair follicles but some appear to be acne. It's been like this my whole adult life. Bad skin. Which you will hear is what I'm holding out hope for here, please read on.

3 weeks ago I had a one night stand, and we used protection. 3 days later I had mild symptoms that felt like a cold - congestion, cough, sore throat. 2 days after that I had three small flesh colored bumps on the base of my penis in a half inch spread, almost a line. I shave my pubic hair in that location (very base of the penis shaft) and hoped them to be ingrown hairs.

Around this time I began to apply a small amount of murpirocin to these bumps, not daily but semi regularly. Meanwhile the cold like symptoms burned off as much would a mild head cold. The bumps remained flesh colored and did not look like zits or ingrown hair. I also received no discomfort from the bumps. they didn't go away or change with a week on the antibiotic cream.

So 8 days after these bumps appeared, I woke to about 9 red, zit like (no white head, very small and shallow, red in color) sores - these sores began just below my navel, continued at my waistline and into my pubic hair stopping above my penis, and are still noticeable now, much in the same condition, 6 days later. I did attack a couple on my abdomen/belly with tweezers,and they popped not unlike zits but with a more firm core and some bleeding. I was aggressive.

I had blood drawn on 8/16 but did not show the doctor my abdomen or penis - probably fear and denial. I have been washing vigorously with an acne medication soap bar on my stomach/pubic region.

The original 3 bumps are now slightly red but almost exactly the same in character and size as when they appeared 14 days ago - and have not ruptured or crusted.

Meanwhile in the last 2 days I have noticed 2 pinpoint white bumps around my foreskin within a half inch of each other, and two isolated, soft red bumps in the pubic hair on my scrotum - honestly the latter look like a more typically irritated area of skin than a sore. Also, as of last night, I recognize a tingling/burning sensation just above my waist and below my navel - a region where 3 of these shallow red sores reside: I hope this to be a sensitivity to the acne bar soap and excessive washing (not quite obsessive but vigorus scrubbing twice a day under hot water).

So I probably have genital herpes - if it's that I hope it to be 1 but expect 2. If it's not herpes then next up is a trip to the dermatologist to diagnose this skin condition.

Pretty crazy. I feel in shock still, and I'll be a stress bag until the tests are in. I know I'll be depressed as hell if diagnosed, and am totally obsessed with watching these sores and bumps progress.

Sure sounds like all the classic symptoms of genital herpes, based on my research. It feels better to write about this but I am terrified. I'll update here with progress.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate your comments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Waiting for diagnosis

Hi,
Oh my please try not to worry yourself too much. Have you you changed soaps, lotions, cologne, detergent? It is sounding to me more of an allergic reaction to something but the virus can be tricky. Have you had any itchiness or pain from the sores?

Old 08-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
(male)

manwithherpes HB User

Thanks for the reply, I am holding some hope that it is a skin condition other than HSV.

I have not changed soaps etc but I've been using the same ones for years. None of the sores are painful at all, or very active in progression.

I realized it was a mistake to not get swabbed while I am displaying symptoms and am heading to Planned Parenthood to have that done now.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

The only bad thing is if sores are not swabbed/cultured within 24-48hrs after appearing there is a chance to get a false negative.

Maybe you were allergic to something your partner that night was wearing -(wishful thinking for you - keeping fingers crossed!)

The following user gives a hug of support to angeleyz81:
Jessielou (08-18-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
(male)

manwithherpes HB User

thanks so much.

The Following User Says Thank You to manwithherpes For This Useful Post:
Tp127 (08-21-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
(male)

manwithherpes HB User

mollusca contagiosa! The doc called it after a few seconds of looking. Whew.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithherpes View Post
Sounds like a sigh of relief, good for you!

Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
(female)

Hurtandmad HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithherpes View Post
Good for you. I am happy for your results.

Closed Thread