It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
(male)

TNguy85 HB User
Exclamation Herpes or Herpes Scare?

Ok so it's a long story. A little over a month and a half ago I hung out with a friend who was down in the dumps over some life drama. To cut out extra stuff you don't need... we ended up sleeping together that night. It was unprotected. We didn't kiss much if at all really. The next day I was having a slight tingle while urinating. I ignored the problem for a little bit and I was also having pain before that encounter with hemroidal pain. I noticed a small about of fluid build up on the tip of my penis usually before urination or occasionally after masturbation at night then the next morning when I would wake up there be some whitish fluid on the tip. Not a lot, just like a small droplet amount. So I researched on google. Figured it was gonorrhea or chlamydia. So I went to my Doctor who checked me out for a STD test they drew blood, and swapped my urethra, which was horrible pain for the rest of that day. Which after 5 days of waiting cause he left for a trip the next day. :-( I got results via phone that everything was fine. Tests were clean and all.

I went back a few days later cause I was still having pain and the clear urine like build up on the tip of my penis and that tingle. Plus the Hemroid. My doc looked at my anus said he didn't see anything. Then said it was probably guilt doing it to me. We took a urinalysis test which came back with "Very little infected bacteria". I was also coming down with sinus problems as it's TN in the summer. So He put me on a anti-biotic for 10 days which was supposed to treat for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and My Sinus infection. Plus a suppository for the hemroid pain. I took the medicine and perscribed and everything got easier. I was pooping normally without pain. No pain while sitting. The burning while peeing lessend then eventually stopped... I still occasionally got that odd tingle on the end when I finished peeing or just occasionally while sitting. I asked my doctor about it and he said That it will clear up and not to worrie at all.

Fast forward to last friday (8/24/12) That same girl I was last with and I were haning out just friendly manner. We discused things between now and then and she said she had been to her OBGYN and was tested clean So if I had something to tell her. I said I came out clean so we assumed all was good. Well that day we were hanging out watching a movie when I leaned in and gave her a held pop kiss. Nothing more. I think I recall feeling a odd feeling right after that I dismissed as nervousness. Durring the movie I saw what looked like a smallish pimple on her face well next to/on the inner right corner of her lip like where they fold and meet the skin. I asked her what it was and she said she, "It's just a cold sore", and that she was "just getting over being sick. Nothing major." So I teasted that I was worried then she said "It's nothing really." So we ended up after the movie kissing a bunch more. All straight on the middle of her face/lips None open mouth. She flicked her tongue on my lips once but that's all. I had no chapped lips or cuts or anything open on my mouth at this time.

Durring all this We ended up fooling around a little. She had her hands on my genitals and I was feeling hers over her pants. Eventually she performed oral on me for a few seconds. Just 2 or 3 nods while using her hand on my genitals. I ejaculated. Laid there for a min with her. Then got up to my bathroom where I took dove hand soap and cleaned off myself. I rinsed my penis off. Then took the soap from my hands rubbed it on my lips and washed it off. Then we hung out a bit then she left. I went about my day where I went to the gym and then came home where I showed and shaved.

The next day I remembered to google Cold Sore cause I kept thinking something was off. Of course I was blown away by all the info and pictures. I was reading everything from causes to symptoms, to treatments. Just a lot of info. I believe if I can remember right since then or that day I can't recall if it's before or after. My lips had been VERY chapped. I noticed they were like sticking to each other and the corners of my mouth had the occasional tingle. Not really a ich just kinda sore ish. I instantly began being very worried. Since then I've been feeling scared and worried That I picked up something. I read all about symptoms and have been experiencing almost all the predromal symptoms for the last 8 days. I have no blisters anywhere that I've seen. As I've extensively checked and I look in a hand mirror at my face very often. I have had some tingling in spots some from when I pee on the tip of my penis. I had one headache on day 6 My nose has gotten stuffy here and there or ichy on the inside of the bridge. My eyes are dry and slightly red. My throat has gotten ichy and occaonsially so has the top of my tongue. I went to my doctor on Day 5 which was (8/29/12) He wanted to put me on anxiety/depression meds Cause he feels I'm fine and haven't caught anything. He also said that I'd be surprised how common cold sores were and that It's not a big deal at all. Which I understand it's common but being a person who likes to have a very clean life style I was quite bothered by it. Needless to say we took another urinalysis which came out clean. My took a blood test. I ask him to make sure it was checked for herpes. Which I got results yesterday (which is surprising since I thought I'd have to wait 5 days again.) Where he said It came back negative for now. I told him about how my eyes were a little irratated and dry/itchy. and how my throat was having some scratchiness. And how my lips were really chapped this whole time (and still are chapped). He told me to just take soothing eye drops that don't handle redness. and vasilne my lips a little. And just to take it easy and that I'll get blood tested again in 6 weeks. I'm trying to keep calm about it and keep telling myself I'm clean and ok. But I'm still very scared cause I keep having all these feeling happen with my eyes and lips and last night I was having small which came and went ear ache. I also experienced some dull testicle ache which felt like it was inside or behind the scrotum. My doc told me to cold compress it. I know how easily the virus can spread on your body on first infection so I am very worried I spread it easily while I was at the gym or shaving that day since I handn't a clue that I should have been concerned. I'm very on edge about it. Stressed would be a understatment. My family and select group of friends thing I'm doing this to myself and that I'm fine. I want to believe them but I'm very scared that I have caught this and it's gonna flare up bad. It's been 8 days since contact with her. I'm very scared. I just wanted to know does this sound like I'm being a total hypercondriac about it? Or does it seem like all these "symptoms" are just results of stress?

A few extra notes: I've recently lost a lot of weight as I've changed my lifestyle 200 days ago and lost 91lbs. I exercise 3 days a week and eat a mostly healthy diet. I usually drink lots of water too. My family things I'm coming down with rough allergies since it's Ragweed season in TN. Any all of my family I live with has problems with it (ichy eyes, throat, etc.) I've never had allergy problems before but I've read they can develop. I also have been experiencing slightly upset stomach periodcally. especially after eating. Along with some chills that come and go and frequent urination. All of these symptoms come and go and come back occasionally over these pasted 8 days.

Last edited by TNguy85; 09-01-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
(male)

TNguy85 HB User
Re: Herpes or Herpes Scare?

Anyone think it sounds like I actually have Herpes? My family things it's just guilt and fear on my mind. My doc things I'm ok. I've read they prodrome only lasts for 2 or 3 days before out break but I've had off and on issues with it for the past 9 days. I'm mostly scared of it being in my eyes as they are quite red and dry feeling. I've never had allergy issues but I'm told that's probably what it is. Anyone have anything they can tell me? I'm quite concerned and scared.

Last edited by TNguy85; 09-02-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNguy85 View Post
Anyone think it sounds like I actually have Herpes? My family things it's just guilt and fear on my mind. My doc things I'm ok. I've read they prodrome only lasts for 2 or 3 days before out break but I've had off and on issues with it for the past 9 days. I'm mostly scared of it being in my eyes as they are quite red and dry feeling. I've never had allergy issues but I'm told that's probably what it is. Anyone have anything they can tell me? I'm quite concerned and scared.
Hi,
It sounds like you may be driving yourself crazy but at the same time if she did have a cold sore there is a risk of transmission. My advice to you would be wait 4 months get tested via IgG herpes type specific blood test and if you are negative then, there is nothing to worry about

In the meantime I wouldn't stress over it unless you have an outbreak otherwise just try to keep busy with other things so it doesn't consume your mind.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
(male)

TNguy85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyz81 View Post
Hi,
It sounds like you may be driving yourself crazy but at the same time if she did have a cold sore there is a risk of transmission. My advice to you would be wait 4 months get tested via IgG herpes type specific blood test and if you are negative then, there is nothing to worry about

In the meantime I wouldn't stress over it unless you have an outbreak otherwise just try to keep busy with other things so it doesn't consume your mind.
Yeah, I hope I'm working myself up mostly. It's been 14 days today. And I still haven't had swolen glands or fever or and bumps. I just am scared that my doc and family don't believe I'm experiencing random chills and these VERY rare few second ear aches or like this odd pain that's happend a few times like muscley in my tail bone area. The light nausa is bugging to. I just feel like I've had these going on since I read up on what a cold sore was. I didn't have any of these sympstoms when I had my first STD scare back in July so that's giving me some comfort in the idea that it's not that. I started a pill (Citalopram) today from my Doctor that should help me from obsessing over it and hopefully I'll calm down. I just wanted to hear from experience taht it sounds like I'm more worked up than experiencing some extended herpes symptoms for 2 weeks straight. I haven't read anywhere of people having this last that long. So I'm just unsure. I have to wait till my blood test in another 5 weeks but still. I just need people to talk to at the moment since my family and doctor think I'm nuts.

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, gonorhea, herpes, hypocondria, scared