It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

JstNeedAnswers HB User
Does it get worse before it gets better??

Found a small sore on Friday night, went to the Dr. on Saturday. Since I don't have insurance and the Planned Parenthood wouldn't see me without an appointment, I went to a regular urgent care clinic. The Dr. diagnosed the sore by sight and recommended I go to the Planned Parenthood for a blood test to confirm. I have an appointment with Planned Parenthood for next Saturday (I work all week) but the Dr. I saw was pretty convinced it was HSV, so he prescribed Acyclovir. I've been taking the prescribed 3 pills/day. This is the third day and the sore is bigger and FAR more painful than it was on Friday. Peeing is like cutting myself with a razor blade and I can barely sit down (I'm laying on my back, typing on my laptop, right now).

Is it normal for the sore to get this much worse before it gets better??

I emailed the Dr. but it's a holiday so I don't expect a response today...

I have a million more questions but this is the one that is currently most important to me. Thank you so much to anyone who can advise!!

Old 09-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
(male)

inmiami HB Userinmiami HB Userinmiami HB User
Re: Does it get worse before it gets better??

your first outbreak will likely be your worst, they will then get less painful and occur less often, acyclovir will help....after the first 3 years they will occur maybe once or twice a year then every other year. avoid stress and chocolate~
Always Do your Best

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Hi there,
Yes it tends to get worse before it gets better. There are a few things you can do though to help alleviate the pain associated with this outbreak (please see below). You can try taking L-Lysine it is an over the counter supplement found in the vitamin section, also in the future remember to keep stress levels down and your immune system up.
  • When urinating if you have a spray bottle, fill it with water and spray as you pee or use a cup to pour water on your private parts as you pee this will help with the stinging.
  • You can also try oatmeal baths
  • after showers/ baths you can use a blow dryer on low/cool to dry yourself , may be less painful then trying to dry off with a towel
  • wear loose clothing, if you have to wear panties make sure they are cotton
  • If you can at night (or even during the day) try wearing no panties and either a skirt or at night just a night shirt so that you allow the area to remain dry

Old 09-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
(female)

Naturesweetie HB User

I found mine got worse before it got better. I get a tiny sore red patch and then bam blisters and pain like unbelievable pain. I can't pee or sit comfortably, I feel like I will just fall apart. One time was so bad I couldn't walk without extreme pain. Other times I don't even realize I have it. I'm having my second bad outbreak this year and am hoping it isn't anything like the last one. The blisters got infected and it was pretty awful. Sometimes I use a warm cloth or heat pack on my crotch, spray warm water when I go pee or go in the shower.

Closed Thread

Tags
acyclovir, genital herpes, help asap, new diagnosis