| | HSV2 - Need a couple of answers please
Yes, I put a smiley face next to my post because I'm not letting this get me down or the best of me! Just got dx'd 2 weeks. it was only a week after my routine gyn appt. A week later, I became symptomatic with what I thought was an ingrown hair or something. But it turned into a blister, opened and became a sore (just one) I got this feeling deep down inside that something was wrong. So I called gyn back and went in. As soon as she looked at it, she said "herpes!" Well, I was shocked, but not devastated. she did a culture and a few days later came back positive. It's been two weeks now and I've had time to let it sink in.
I went back to see her last week to ask more questions. Although I may NEVER know who I got it from, I SUSPECT it may have been from my sometimes lover, "Rick" He and I were together with condoms only a few days prior to me getting the bump/blister/sore. I called and asked him if he'd ever had herpes and he said no. Could be true...maybe doesn't even know he's got it! During my last visit, doc said she could order blood test, but it really wouldn't tell me anything. She also said during the first visit and her visual exam that it looked like it wasn't my first ob. I've NEVER had any blisters of any kind on my genitals and the one sore is not completely healed.
I posted before, but wanted to start a new thread. My questions:
1. should i have blood test done to at least find out if I have antibodies in my blood?
2. Should I tell "Rick" that I have HSV?
3. Should I tell the lover I had 6 months before him?
4. Could I have had this virus x4 yrs when I was with someone who I knew had HSV2, but was on antiviral meds?
5. What are the chances that the virus would have lingered dormant in my body for 4 yrs with no symptoms?
6. From everything I've read, USUAL 1st ob is anywhere from 1-2 wks after exposure. How likely is it that "Rick" exposed me?
I'm not mad at "Rick" because he probably doesn't even know he has it. If he does and didn't say anything to me, than that's a diff story.
I'm grateful to anyone who can answer my questions and offer some guidance. Although I'm not letting this situation get me down, it is something that I have to deal with.
Thank you so much and God bless!