Yes, I put a smiley face next to my post because I'm not letting this get me down or the best of me! Just got dx'd 2 weeks. it was only a week after my routine gyn appt. A week later, I became symptomatic with what I thought was an ingrown hair or something. But it turned into a blister, opened and became a sore (just one) I got this feeling deep down inside that something was wrong. So I called gyn back and went in. As soon as she looked at it, she said "herpes!" Well, I was shocked, but not devastated. she did a culture and a few days later came back positive. It's been two weeks now and I've had time to let it sink in.
I went back to see her last week to ask more questions. Although I may NEVER know who I got it from, I SUSPECT it may have been from my sometimes lover, "Rick" He and I were together with condoms only a few days prior to me getting the bump/blister/sore. I called and asked him if he'd ever had herpes and he said no. Could be true...maybe doesn't even know he's got it! During my last visit, doc said she could order blood test, but it really wouldn't tell me anything. She also said during the first visit and her visual exam that it looked like it wasn't my first ob. I've NEVER had any blisters of any kind on my genitals and the one sore is not completely healed.
I posted before, but wanted to start a new thread. My questions:
1. should i have blood test done to at least find out if I have antibodies in my blood?
2. Should I tell "Rick" that I have HSV?
3. Should I tell the lover I had 6 months before him?
4. Could I have had this virus x4 yrs when I was with someone who I knew had HSV2, but was on antiviral meds?
5. What are the chances that the virus would have lingered dormant in my body for 4 yrs with no symptoms?
6. From everything I've read, USUAL 1st ob is anywhere from 1-2 wks after exposure. How likely is it that "Rick" exposed me?
I'm not mad at "Rick" because he probably doesn't even know he has it. If he does and didn't say anything to me, than that's a diff story.
I'm grateful to anyone who can answer my questions and offer some guidance. Although I'm not letting this situation get me down, it is something that I have to deal with.
I just wanted to say I am very happy at the way you are handling this, it is great when you are able to look at it the way you do
1. should i have blood test done to at least find out if I have antibodies in my blood? Yes, ask for the IgG herpes type specific because it you have no antibodies then you can tell it was from your recent partner, also it is also good to know which type you have or did the doc say HSV2 just because of location?
2. Should I tell "Rick" that I have HSV? Yes, it would only be fair to him so he can go and get checked out.
3. Should I tell the lover I had 6 months before him?This is a personal choice but before doing this I suggest a blood test so you can maybe narrow it down to see if it was "Rick"
4. Could I have had this virus x4 yrs when I was with someone who I knew had HSV2, but was on antiviral meds?Yes, it is a very big possibility although someone is taking the antivirals there is still a risk of transmission, if you had gotten it back then your blood results would have a higher numeric value for the virus
5. What are the chances that the virus would have lingered dormant in my body for 4 yrs with no symptoms?Very possible, did you have any yeast infections or what you thought may have been yeast infections over the past 4 years? Sometimes the herpes virus mimics yeast infections so people just push it off as that.
6. From everything I've read, USUAL 1st ob is anywhere from 1-2 wks after exposure. How likely is it that "Rick" exposed me?It is hard to say, but after you mentioning you were with someone that had the virus he seems to be the one to me BUT with this virus ya never know
I hope that helps some
__________________ **The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**
The following user gives a hug of support to angeleyz81: Sunny Rideout (09-06-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post: Sunny Rideout (09-06-2012)