It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
(female)

Hurtandmad HB User
Is it me? Or does Dr.s leave you with more questions then answers?

Having Anything to go wrong with your body is scary, But Herpes takes that fear to a whole nother level.
My partner was giving paper work stating that he was positive for 1 and 2. Told that he has had this for well over 40yrs. First off, How do they know that? How can they tell when he actually contracted this? Second he said that he has never had an outbreak. No cold sore or blister. By the way this was a blood test.

He went to another doctor to ask for a swab. They told him that there was nothing to swab and that he had it and he was just gong to have to live with it.

I went and got a blood test which came back neg. I am not to sure whether to trust it or not because of the time frame in which I took it. Now MY doctor seemed to be annoyed by all of my questions. When I told her that I had been on the internet and read someplace that I could have possibly taken the test too early. She replied "Oh I have never heard anything like that" She shrugged her shoulders and told me "Well if you wanna come back in a month and retest you can but I thing you'll be fine".

I am scared because I am unsure. I sit waiting and wondering. Hoping and praying. I see people come to the boards with so many questions Right after they have just left their DR. (me included) looking for some comfort. Some clarity. SOMETHING!!!!

I feel so sad that the person who looked at you and diagnosed you has less time for you then strangers here on the boards.

Thank You all So Very Much for your time. You personal journeys. Words of wisdom and your comfort. This is very challenging and nobody should have to do it alone. Some of you help us make it through the days and the fear and uncertainty. Thank You. Please keep it up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Is it me? Or does Dr.s leave you with more questions then answers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtandmad View Post
Having Anything to go wrong with your body is scary, But Herpes takes that fear to a whole nother level.
My partner was giving paper work stating that he was positive for 1 and 2. Told that he has had this for well over 40yrs. First off, How do they know that? How can they tell when he actually contracted this? Second he said that he has never had an outbreak. No cold sore or blister. By the way this was a blood test. It is possible for someone to have the virus years without ever having an outbreak or sometimes the virus can mimic jock itch or a yeast infection so some people just push it off as that. An estimated 80% of people that have genital herpes do not know they have it. A far as I know there is NO way of telling how long someone has had the virus, granted the higher the number you can just tell that the person has had it for a while but it will not give you a breakdown on how many years.

He went to another doctor to ask for a swab. They told him that there was nothing to swab and that he had it and he was just gong to have to live with it.This is true, must have an active sore to have a swab

I went and got a blood test which came back neg. I am not to sure whether to trust it or not because of the time frame in which I took it. Now MY doctor seemed to be annoyed by all of my questions. When I told her that I had been on the internet and read someplace that I could have possibly taken the test too early. She replied "Oh I have never heard anything like that" She shrugged her shoulders and told me "Well if you wanna come back in a month and retest you can but I thing you'll be fine".I am not sure how long you have been with your partner but if you have the virus it can take up to 4 months for the antibodies to be detected in the blood test.

I am scared because I am unsure. I sit waiting and wondering. Hoping and praying. I see people come to the boards with so many questions Right after they have just left their DR. (me included) looking for some comfort. Some clarity. SOMETHING!!!!

I feel so sad that the person who looked at you and diagnosed you has less time for you then strangers here on the boards. Some doctors seem to just do their job and there are others that actually enjoy what they do and care about their patients.

Thank You all So Very Much for your time. You personal journeys. Words of wisdom and your comfort. This is very challenging and nobody should have to do it alone. Some of you help us make it through the days and the fear and uncertainty. Thank You. Please keep it up.
Everything will be ok and I know that not knowing can drive you nuts but try not to stress much as it may be over nothing. Either way it is not the end of the world and there are brighter days ahead for sure!

If you still have any questions or just need to vent this is the place

Closed Thread