It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #1
(male)

anxiouscared HB User
Question Herpes advice please

Ok, I've got a few questions I hope can be answered on this board. First, let me give the scenario-
I had an episode of unprotected oral sex (both giving and receiving) back in Feb 12. No signs of a herpes outbreak on him. Shortly after (about 2 wks) I developed what looked like thrush in my mouth (I know, this is a herpes board, but bear with me) and a sore throat/swollen glands in neck, slight fever, chills, flu-like symptoms. I was immediately afraid of HIV, and dwelled on that. Got tested at 6 wks, then 3 months, both came back neg for HIV. No other symptoms other than a consistent slight swelling feeling in my throat/neck. I utilized the HIV board on this site, and all the mods there assured me that I was working myself up for nothing, that oral posed not HIV threat. Now, about two weeks ago, I developed a few small bumps on my lip, and around the same time, felt a tingling/itchy sensation in my penis, almost burning, while urinating, which continues. No discharge, that I can notice at least. It has been almost 7 months since the unprotected sex (no sex of any kind since). I have a doctor appointment set for late next week, but my nerves have got me going right now.

Question 1- Could this be the initial outbreak, this far removed from the experience?
Question 2- I've researched timelines for outbreaks (tingling sensation to blister to cold sore/pain) and it doesn't seem to be following this... no pain, just tiny bumps on lip. Plus, it's lasted about two weeks so far, no crustiness, etc...
Observation- no pain in genital area, other than the itchy/slight burning while peeing, and a little sensitivity to touch at the tip of my penis.

Does this sound like herpes to you? I'm really worried (and I know this is self inflicted). Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Herpes advice please

Hey there,
When you go to the doctor please make sure you ask for the IgG herpes type specific blood test.

Question 1- Could this be the initial outbreak, this far removed from the experience? It could be or may be nothing, I mean it doesn't always follow text book standards
Question 2- I've researched timelines for outbreaks (tingling sensation to blister to cold sore/pain) and it doesn't seem to be following this... no pain, just tiny bumps on lip. Plus, it's lasted about two weeks so far, no crustiness, etc...
Observation- no pain in genital area, other than the itchy/slight burning while peeing, and a little sensitivity to touch at the tip of my penis.please see above

Does this sound like herpes to you? I'm really worried (and I know this is self inflicted). Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. it is hard to tell whether or not it is, it does sound like it may be possible. The good thing though is it has been longer then 4 months so once you have your blood test results you will know once and got all [/QUOTE]

The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post:
anxiouscared (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
(male)

anxiouscared HB User

Thank you for your reply. I will ask for the IgG test when I go to the doctor next week. I am also asking for a variety of tests to rule out other STD's, as I'd like to have a "final" resolution. The persistent swelling sensation in my throat, the thrush-like symptoms in my mouth (still not fully resolved), the irritation on the tip of my penis and itchy sensation while urinating, as well as the tiny bumps on my lips have got me looking everywhere for an explanation.

Again, thank you.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #4
(male)

anxiouscared HB User

Ok, so here's the update... went to the doc 2nd week in Sep, 7 months after possible exposure. I was tested for HSV, HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, and also had a CBC and urine sample. The HSV test was the IgG. Also, the Doc said it didn't look like HSV to her, but was erring on the side of caution at the time I went in and prescribed a 10 day course of Valtrex and a one time dose of Diflucan (I also had quite a rash happening in the anal region...). Went back yesterday and got my results- all tests came back negative. I still have the irritation in my genitals, have a little discharge happening, a couple of small (<1mm) bumps under the head of my penis. Doc's not sure, says it could be possible prostitis, or epididimytis, as I'm having discomfort in my testicles also. Am now on a 6wk course of Ciprofloxacin. I guess my question at this point is whether you know how accurate the IgG test is at 7 months, and the odds of there not being enough antibodies in my blood to detect yet...

Old 10-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

It would have shown positive if you had it. I mean nothing is 100% so I am sure there is a tiny tiny split of room for error but the odds are highly unlikely, especially if your numbers are low enough to be a negative.

I would check this off as something you do not have

Closed Thread