It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
(male)

anonymous189 HB User
I'm devastated

I'm a healthy 38 year old Male, eat pretty right and exercise regularly. I look far younger than my age, far younger. Towards the end of April I was given unprotected oral sex for no more that a minute or two by a girl I met at a bar. By the End of June a grey cluster appeared on my foreskin. I've had this sore on my penis for all of July, August and currently. I have not had sex since the oral sex. I do remember having flu like symptoms sometime back and am guessing the sore appeared after that 1 or two day sickness. I've had this grey cluster/sore on my foreskin for nearly 11 weeks. It's never itched or burned or caused me any sort of discomfort save for visually disturbing. I've tried A+D Ointment, Gold Bond, Hydrocortisone cream 1 %, and Lotrimin. I suspended them all since none worked. I went to the Dermatologist. He took one look at it and told me it was HSV 2. He prescribed Valtrex. To be taken Twice a day for ten days. I'm on day three and the sore is still there. I have read that if you've had a sore on your penis for so long that there is a chance it's not Herpes. I think about it so much, that I think my mind is playing tricks on me. Since the DR diagnosed this three days ago, I'm having tingling sensations around my mouth. No outbreaks there. I believe the tingling sensation around my mouth is all in my mind because I've read so much about this disgusting disease. I supposed I could have a blood test to absolutely confirm if it's true that I have this terrible disease. My question: Is there is a possibility that it isn't Herpes since it doesn't itch or burn or spread and it's been there for 11 weeks?? If so, what else could it be? Please help, I'm devastated.

Last edited by anonymous189; 09-08-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
(female)

AllandNothing HB UserAllandNothing HB User
Re: I'm devastated

I'd get a second opinion.
Did you tell the doctor it had been there that long?
Has it changed any at all during this time?

Hard to tell but it doesn't sound like herpes to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to AllandNothing For This Useful Post:
anonymous189 (09-09-2012)
Old 09-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
(male)

anonymous189 HB User

Hi Allandnothing. I'm hoping like I've never hoped before that it's not... I've been preparing myself for the worst by reading everything I can about this disease. When the doc looked at it over the overhead powerful light, he blurted out HSV... I shut down, and couldn't gather my thoughts. I wanted to explain some things, like it doesn't itch or hurt and it's been there for a while. Shouldn't it have disappeared by now and come back? But I couldn't get a word out... I was in shock... I'm trying to relax but it's hard. Thank you for the positive tone. I'm feeling better to know that I'm not alone. Thanks so much!

Last edited by anonymous189; 09-08-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
(female)

AllandNothing HB UserAllandNothing HB User

I have the type that is on my lips. I can tell you I've never had one last more than 10 days and it changes a lot during those 10 days. Now if it cleared and came back, that would be different. But to just stay for that long? At first I wondered if you hear HSV, when he said HPV. But if he prescribed Valtrex, that wouldn't be right.

Unfortunately, the rest of your story...the flu like feeling right before, the sexual contact, might have led him to an abrupt diagnosis. Did he do blood work? It's been long enough that you can get a blood test and know for certain.

One more thing. Odds are the woman would have had HSV1 which is the oral type. When it transfers to the genitals through oral sex, I think it's still HSV1, just HSV1 on the genitals. I'm not an expert but there are those here who know more. And minimum, I'm not sure he even guessed the right kind of herpes. It might matter as I have heard that HSV1 transferred to the genitals is typically a milder virus than HSV2. Just something to think about and discuss if you do learn you have a type of herpes, but I really would have that checked out by another doctor.

You may have already read up on that part.

The following user gives a hug of support to AllandNothing:
anonymous189 (09-09-2012)
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
(male)

anonymous189 HB User

Actually I didn't know that HSV1 could exist on the genitals. I've read in to it some after you mentioned it. I've been taking Valtrex since Thursday afternoon and the cluster is still there. No itching, no burning, no nothing, just this grey smaller that a dime cluster haunting my life! Can't wait until I know for sure so I can stop obsessing. This is the most difficult situation on my life thus far.

Last edited by anonymous189; 09-09-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Closed Thread