It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
(male)

gorgyporgy HB User
A little worried :/

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is any way to transmit herpes through hand to genital contact.

Around a week ago, I had an episode with an individual that has not tested positive for herpes or any type of STD. I was in a hot tub and did not participate in any unsafe sexual activities, but I did have my hands on this guy's genitals. I touched his penis and then my own. If this person was indeed a herpes carrier, is there any way I could have picked up herpes through this type of contact?

I went to the doctor for a physical and a complete round of blood tests and was informed everything is fine, but would like another opinion. I did have a mild UTI and have worried myself to death thinking that I might have picked up an STD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 09-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
(female)

AllandNothing HB UserAllandNothing HB User
Re: A little worried :/

I can't imagine that being very likely unless there were visible/touchable open sores at the time. Not to be cheeky, but you'd probably be more likely to have picked up something from the hot tub.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
(male)

gorgyporgy HB User

^ I figured that the hot tub (I found it hadn't been cleaned in a while) was probably more likely to transmit bacteria, but I was still wondering about the likelihood of a hand being a carrier for herpes. If an individual is asymptomatic and/or not displaying any open sores, is it still possible for diseases to be transmitted via the hands?

Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Hi,
The virus does not live very long outside of the body let alone in chemicals such as ones in a hot tub. I think you are fine, nothing to worry about.

Closed Thread