It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
(female)

Kita2012 HB User
Just a few Questions

Hi everyone I'm newly (sort of) diagnosed with genital herpes so I'm assuming I have HSV-2. I found out I had it in April of this year after suddenly having an OB. My boyfriend whom we guess I got it from (he's the more experienced one of us) just recently (last month) had his 'first' OB, not sure if it really was or if he's just never had sores before. Anyways since being diagnosed I constantly have OB's and now I've been put on Valacyclovir 2x a day when having an OB and 1x a day when not. I would love to find something that would help better than this, it doesn't seem to help at all. We just had a baby in January so I'm still taking prenatal vitamins and have an IUD (Mirena). We do in the future want at least two more children so if anyone has any positive stories of having children after diagnosis with out having a C-section or passing on the disease I would love to hear them.

Any natural ways to help with the very often OB's I have? That isn't ridiculously expensive.
Any positive stories of vaginal birth after diagnosis?
Also can we have sex during an OB without making the other have an OB? We never have but that's usually the time when I want to feel loved the most.
Can we give each other oral sex when neither of us have an OB? What are the chances of contracting HSV-1 from doing that?

Currently I load myself down with Vitamin C, drinking as much orange juice as possible. My prenatal vitamins seems to help a lot too, more than the Valacyclovir.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
(female)

Cathy676 HB User
Re: Just a few Questions

Hi,

If you do indeed have hsv2 then you can not obtain hsv1 which is more commenly of the mouth. Hsv2 is more commonly of the genitals which im sure your aware... during an ob is most often when the virus is spread. It is not recommended to have vaginal births with having hsv2. But if ur 1st birth was vaginally then you can still have 2 more children having c sections... on the other hand.. keep ur stress level down which im sure is hard with a newborn, stress makes ob occur more frequently and after your 1st year you will have less breakouts is the way it seems to work. A good diet, plenty of water and staying fit really helps exercising helps alot!! Continue to stay on the valacycl. It does keep ur breakouts to a minm. And less harsh. It is used more oftenly to keep you from having a ob to keep from spreading it.

Cathy

Old 09-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
(female)

Kita2012 HB User

Thank you so much for your response. One more question now, how do I go about finding out for sure if it is HSV-2? I was diagnosed at the hospital after initially being told I had BV, bf and I were just in shock and the Dr didn't really explain much just said 'I'm pretty sure you have herpes' swabbed the sores and that was it. My obgyn confirmed it weeks later but I never I guess got results from my swab if that is what tells you which type you have.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
(female)

Cathy676 HB User

If its on ur genitals then its more then likely hsv2. Hsv1 orginates in the mouth but can be spread to the genitals and it is still hsv1.. however hsv2 cannot be spread to the mouth etc it stays in the genital region...

So they swabbed ur sore?... im guessing near ur genital? Call ur gyno and ask what the results where. More then likely if it was a herpes sore...then its hsv2. But you want to make sure bc that would be the only way to tell if you did have the herpes virus in your system was to actually have the sore swabbed and tested so call your gyno and ask. They should have contacted you if its been more then 2 weeks. So CALL THEM! Dont speak with the nurses ask them to get ur dr to give u a call when hes free. So you can speak with him/her directly and they will answer and questions as well.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita2012 View Post
We do in the future want at least two more children so if anyone has any positive stories of having children after diagnosis with out having a C-section or passing on the disease I would love to hear them.

Any natural ways to help with the very often OB's I have? That isn't ridiculously expensive.You can try taking L-lysine it is an over the counter supplement/vitamin
Any positive stories of vaginal birth after diagnosis?Yes you CAN have natural births even with Herpes, the doctor will place you on suppressive therapy towards the end of your pregnancy to help prevent an outbreak. If you are all clear when you go into labor you can have a natural delivery if you are having an outbreak then you would have a C-Section

Also can we have sex during an OB without making the other have an OB? We never have but that's usually the time when I want to feel loved the most.Yes, if it is comfortable for you. If you both have the virus then you wont be passing it back and forth
Can we give each other oral sex when neither of us have an OB?Yes you can, there can be a small chance of possibly contracting it orally as well but chances are slim What are the chances of contracting HSV-1 from doing that?If neither of you have HSV1 then you will not be able to get it

Currently I load myself down with Vitamin C, drinking as much orange juice as possible. My prenatal vitamins seems to help a lot too, more than the Valacyclovir.
Best thing to do is keep stress levels down and immune system up
Thank you.
I wish you all the best, and feel free to post questions or vent here on the board many helpful people out here

Closed Thread

Tags
genital herpes, natural remedies, pregnancy and herpes