It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
(male)

fred_rrrr HB User
When both partners have HSV2 & HSV1

Hello,

I'm trying to find reliable information on the situation when both partners have HSV1 and HSV2.

On the one hand, I read a lot that says "Once you've got, you've got it, so now you can forget the condoms and relax, it's not like either of you are going to catch it again, especially if you caught it from the person you're sleeping with as you're certain it's exactly the same strain."

On the other hand, I also read a lot that says when you have an outbrteak, above all don't touch it with yor finger and then touch any other part of your body 'cause you can spread it to other areas - you're own infection! Well if you can re-infect yourself, surely you must be able to re-infect another through shedding.

So, before anyone does anything foolish, I'm hoping to find some reliable sources on the subject. Anyome know of any?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: When both partners have HSV2 & HSV1

Well this virus is complicated, it is best to abstain when having an active outbreak as this is the time when spreading is highly likely. BUT if you both do have the same strands then there are no worries in between.

The chances of spreading the virus to another part of the body is very slim although possible but very slim, if I were in your situation I wouldn't worry but would still wait until an active outbreak is over just because it may be uncomfortable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
(male)

fred_rrrr HB User
Re: When both partners have HSV2 & HSV1

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyz81 View Post
Well this virus is complicated, it is best to abstain when having an active outbreak as this is the time when spreading is highly likely. BUT if you both do have the same strands then there are no worries in between.

The chances of spreading the virus to another part of the body is very slim although possible but very slim, if I were in your situation I wouldn't worry but would still wait until an active outbreak is over just because it may be uncomfortable.
Thank you for the info.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-14-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Closed Thread